what brand of gooseneck

smokingoat04

Not real sure
Ok I have trailer fever bad, so I think I'm going to go buy a trailer. Looking at something 30-35 ft tandem dually. I wanted a pj, but no one has any in stock, but I can get a 32 ft big tex for 1000 less. Is the pj worth more money in your guys opinion. Any reason besides the powdercoat

I have no experience with PJ but have a 2004 14k 25' Big Tex that I bought new and have had no problems with it.

I have heard the big tex have went down in quality, I know my 14K big tex dwarfs many of the other 14K trailers I have seen as far as it being much more robust.

I just bought a 2011 Load Max (Load Trail's heavier version) in a 30ft dual tandem for $11,950. 21ft straight deck with 9' hyd dove. No more stupid assed ramps. Love it. Payload on the sticker is #14,500. All powder coated, break-away, loaded. Dual single speed jacks, LED lights, spare...etc..etc.

IMG_4563_med.jpg

IMG_4567_Med.jpg

4' x 5' bales, hauls 17. Crossed scales at #28,500.

moto_0107.jpg

5' x 6' bales, hauls 14 (pic has 12). Crossed scales with 14 at #32,000+

IMG_4796med.jpg

I would have ordered a full steel floor, but they had this one in stock in OKC, OK.

IMG_4569_med.jpg

IMG_4638_med.jpg

Here's the link to the manufacturers page on this trailer.

Low-Pro GooseneckTrailer with Hydraulic Dove Tail- 22,000 lb

I want one of those hydro dove's but I just cant justify it.

If I remember correctly load trail and load max are made by PJ. I've looked at a couple and they are very well built plus they look really good! You can order them with damn near every option out there too. I have heard the big tex has gone a little down hill in the last couple years. They used to have some really stout trailers in my opinion. If i were you i would look into the load trail. ^^^ Nice trailer!!!

The Load max's are nice....I'm partial to Corn Pro....we can't tear them up.

Except a 35' 12 Ton weighs in at 9500lbs...heavy:D

Chris

I picked up this 2010 PJ 25+5 dual tandems last year and absolutely love it! Only thing I wish I would have done different is get the low profile deck but couldnt pass up the deal I got!
DSC_0239.jpg

I want one of those hydro dove's but I just cant justify it.

Use it once, you'll justify it any way you can. :D

If I remember correctly load trail and load max are made by PJ.

I don't not believe this is the case. Both resemble each other but every PJ I've looked at personally seems to be a tad "lesser designed" for lack of a better word. They are all built down around Paris, TX under different names. If the same person owns them both, they are both kept seperately as companies as far as I can tell.

But keep in mind, each trailer is better for different individuals so do't be too picky on brand. I really like the Elite trailers and there are dozens of them around here. Made in OK too. I'd recommend finding a couple different ones on a lot and go crawl under them. Pay attention to wiring, welds, structure, and features for the money.

I just bought a 2011 Load Max (Load Trail's heavier version) in a 30ft dual tandem for $11,950. 21ft straight deck with 9' hyd dove. No more stupid assed ramps. Love it. Payload on the sticker is #14,500. All powder coated, break-away, loaded. Dual single speed jacks, LED lights, spare...etc..etc.

IMG_4638_med.jpg

Here's the link to the manufacturers page on this trailer.

Low-Pro GooseneckTrailer with Hydraulic Dove Tail- 22,000 lb

I want a gooseneck in the worst way but the wife would kill me I showed up with one of those right now. I think you'er right though the hydro dove tail is the way to go on them because it gives you the best of two trailers in one package.

I want a gooseneck in the worst way but the wife would kill me I showed up with one of those right now. I think you'er right though the hydro dove tail is the way to go on them because it gives you the best of two trailers in one package.

I have a 20+5 with and the ramps go under the trailer, I like it as you can use the full deck of the trailer if need be. A hydro deck would be nice but for the $$ I can spend 60 seconds pulling out my ramps.

I have a 20+5 with and the ramps go under the trailer, I like it as you can use the full deck of the trailer if need be. A hydro deck would be nice but for the $$ I can spend 60 seconds pulling out my ramps.

For me it makes sense if I have to move one our 15,000lb Yale forklifts because I can drive it on to the dove tail and then raise the dove tail to get it the rest of the way on the trailer because of the low ground clearance of the machine. Plus I can use it as a straight deck to run transfers to and from any of our yards.

I don't not believe this is the case. Both resemble each other but every PJ I've looked at personally seems to be a tad "lesser designed" for lack of a better word. They are all built down around Paris, TX under different names. If the same person owns them both, they are both kept seperately as companies as far as I can tell.

But keep in mind, each trailer is better for different individuals so do't be too picky on brand. I really like the Elite trailers and there are dozens of them around here. Made in OK too. I'd recommend finding a couple different ones on a lot and go crawl under them. Pay attention to wiring, welds, structure, and features for the money.

I heard it through the grapevine, I probably should have done the research before i opened my mouth. I searched afterwards and didn't find any relation unless the person i heard it from knows something google doesn't.
Start looking and researching. Find one that works best for you. There's a ton of good deals out there right now too on new ones. Another thing to look at is axles and maintenance. Dexter torsion axles are practically no maintenance but their slipper spring style takes bushings and such but the torsions will cost a bit more.

I love my Corn Pro, but if I was buying a new one I'd look hard at a Moritz.

Powdercoat=:Throwup:

I'd pay more for for a bare steel trailer than one that's been powdercoated.

Powdercoat=:Throwup:

I'd pay more for for a bare steel trailer than one that's been powdercoated.

Pray tell.....

And does your tool box drag terraces if they are step? I got close a couple times a couple weeks ago. The field was insane.

Pray tell.....

And does your tool box drag terraces if they are step? I got close a couple times a couple weeks ago. The field was insane.

Here in road salt country it don't work. you might be pressure washing your 2 year old (or less) trailer off and a huge hunk blows off. I'd much rather have good chassis primer and paint.

My Ranch Hand has looked like chit since it was 6 months old.

wtf is a terrace?LOL yes it drags on some railroad crossings and other places when loaded heavy. Not as bad as the battery box on the other side for the winch though. I'd like to put a trapdoor in the follr for the batteries, and do something different about the tool boxes. The lower neck area is full of winch and mount, maybe a long skinny narrow box under the deck.

Back