Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Mumau Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #1
RacinDuallie

Name: RacinDuallie
Title: Black Sheep Racing
Member`s Gallery
Master Mumau, I have MORE questions-

Again we are having issues with the 2000 Ford F-650/Cummins Tree Chipper truck.

It went back to the dealer for a looksy and repair on a leak. They fixed the leak and ended up changing the injection pump. While the dealer had it and they were road testing it- they ran the phucker out of fuel.

This truck clearly has no balls whatsoever. There is also a issue present when you step on the go pedal there is a moment where there is absolutely nothing, then it seems to kick in and go. Doesn't matter if there is a load or not.

I keep telling the bossman that we can pookie the engine to whatever power level he wants- but we need to sort out this hesitation issue firstly.

Truck is completely stock. And it is the hated bad apple of the fleet.

I suspect that when they ran it out of fuel they shot the inj pump.

Your thoughts?

Also what trans did Ford attach to these 24V's? And what can be done to help it when loaded.

When we have it hooked up to our wood chipper and we are shooting the chips into the box- when we go to move the truck just revs with no movement. Which then leads to hooking up either the F-800 or the bucket truck to help tug it along.

It seems that I have inherited this rig to look after and I would like to get it to be the pride of the fleet (as it should be with it's Cummins power)

HELP.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
For your listening pleasure-

Old 06-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
06 DIESEL

Name: 06 DIESEL
Title: Dead Eye Firearms LLC
Member`s Gallery
If it were me, and just a thought here, I would be taking it to Jeff to diagnose properly instead of via online or over the phone, especially if you have been taking it to a dealer that apparently does not know their ass from a hole in the ground.

My rig - 2021 Mega 3500 SRW

My Classic - 79 Chevy Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
Trucks are like women. Sometimes you just need to spend money on them to keep them happy.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
RacinDuallie

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 DIESEL View Post
If it were me, and just a thought here, I would be taking it to Jeff to diagnose properly instead of via online or over the phone, especially if you have been taking it to a dealer that apparently does not know their ass from a hole in the ground.
Ya think I didn't suggest this to the bossman already?? I suggested bringing it to Jeff in the first place- before it went to the dealer!!

Closed Thread