So NHRDA is gone...

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
Now what?
Will the west coast have anything to do at all?
ODSS moving west?
Will organized diesel drag racing survive the next few years?

Need a couple of Diesel companies like maybe BD, Industrial Injection to have a stand alone race and promote the hell out if them and have decent payouts. Might get ODSS to include them in their series but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any of those racers to venture out west.

Need a couple of Diesel companies like maybe BD, Industrial Injection to have a stand alone race and promote the hell out if them and have decent payouts.

In other words, spend a chit ton of money with out any return so that twelve people can show up and ***** about the weather?

I think if Diesels enthusiasts really want to race they'll line up will gas stuff.
NHRA will either adopt or dismiss.

In other words, spend a chit ton of money with out any return so that twelve people can show up and ***** about the weather?

I think if Diesels enthusiasts really want to race they'll line up will gas stuff.
NHRA will either adopt or dismiss.

This ^^

Every diesel drag racing event I have been to (aside from UCC) consists of about 10 trucks that run every 20 minutes with the occasional wash down that delays the next pass close to an hour. I appreciate all those who consistently race. It is very difficult to justify spending $100 after fuel, food, and entry to watch that though.

Out of curiosity, how many sponsor dollars does it take to earn a dollar diesel drag racing.

The ISSPRO event consistently drew 4k+ spectators and 50+ trucks, while that's nothing like the big ODSS events it is big for Oregon. I know the Vision Diesel event has continued to do well here (combined with a long-running big rig event at the local track). I too would like to see the bigger diesel companies setting up their own events, like we had before they were NHRDA.

We are considering doing our own event in Texas. I have also been in contact with someone who is thinking about buying NHRDA

In the past years, the smaller events that were hosted by shops and/or other groups out here (CA) have had better turn outs than NHRDA. There are also several guys who have been making moves towards running with the Gas guys, just to get more events/races in.

I think running with gassers will only push diesel to bigger and better places. Maybe they’ll start considering heavy trucks when writing safety requirements if they see them more. Sure, a few guys will defect to go faster, cheaper, but as a whole it would be good for the go fast industry . Just as long as “we” aren’t the ones holding up every event with oil downs.

I think running with gassers will only push diesel to bigger and better places. Maybe they’ll start considering heavy trucks when writing safety requirements if they see them more. Sure, a few guys will defect to go faster, cheaper, but as a whole it would be good for the go fast industry . Just as long as “we” aren’t the ones holding up every event with oil downs.

I know if a diesel is running with regular gas race vehicles, (I refrain from calling them gassers as that is a term for nostalgia straight front axle race vehicles.) The crowd usually is cheering for them. However the racers are many times a different story. They don't like the way many of the street driven trucks tear up the starting line with their street tires, some of them don't get their truck clean enough and drop dirt on the track and the inevitable oil downs that seem to plague diesel racing.

Sucks for the current racers, Randy and his wife did a great job and really cared about the racers. Happy to have been a small part of it in the beginning

The ISSPRO event consistently drew 4k+ spectators and 50+ trucks, while that's nothing like the big ODSS events it is big for Oregon. I know the Vision Diesel event has continued to do well here (combined with a long-running big rig event at the local track). I too would like to see the bigger diesel companies setting up their own events, like we had before they were NHRDA.

Michael with all due respect, the Woodburn NHRDA event was always ran as part of a bigger show like the long standing Thunder Truck event. The NHRDA was treated like bastard step child by the track staff for the most part.

Back