Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Blacks Diesel Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 11:38 AM   #1
rjustman

Name: rjustman
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Id like my money back please

Me and Ashley had a deal..one I thought would work out quite well being advice read he builds a great motor..sadly that wasn't the case with mine..I spoke with him and we came to a deal..I paid for a 500 hp motor..I told him which turbos I was going to be running and he said he'd build me a motor..motor showed up.I followed his break in procedures to a T.did everything he told me to do..EXACTLY as I was told..

I put truck on dyno and it was an embarrassment.it's been a long road and I've slowly been replacing parts little at a time..the pymo I received had zero guts in the afc..after replacing that.I took delivery valve holders off to see that the shims and pins above delivery valves were GONE..missing! Spent lots of,money to get pump built..I took injectors out and sent them off..the 5x14 injectors on was said to have were cores at best..injector shop said that very few of the holes even matched one another..

While doing a trans swap I decided to pull head to check internals.that's where I found the most. Pistons were cracked,melted etc.piston to wall clearance was crazy big, the fly cut pistons I was told I had to fit can were not there, only half the valve springs purchased were installed,the retainers and locks were not what was on build sheet as I was told..the camshaft I paid for was not what was paid for.in bad factory parts in all these places.
Retainers and locks were factory cummins,only 6 60# valve springs were installed, the camshaft was also a factory piece..as I called haisley to see,what grind I had due to Ashley refusing to give me any info..turns out the numbers stamped in cam are factory numbers..

I kept my side of the deal to,the best of my knowledge and offered to make things right..but after literally all of my motor I was promised was not what it was the deal fell through..
I would like my money back on all parts I paid for and didn't receive.or I would like the fully dressed 6.7 with the extra 5.9 crank and full set of 12v Brazil rods I sent back..and I'll send you this junk back..

Richard

Old 10-21-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
rjustman

Member`s Gallery
Click the image to open in full size.

there alot of other pictures on here on my other threads.. please feel free to look up my threads and see that this didnt just come out of the blue after ive been beating on the motor.. this motor only has 15k miles at best. and has been babied by any standards.. it has 3 dyno p[ulls on it and has NEVER seen high egts unless a boot had ruptured (few times) and truck was stopped immediately and fixed..this is not good business, and from what i hear happens alot especially with new guys like me trying to get into this sport.. i just want to make this right is all and its been a fight since day one.. i do not ever get any real responses from ashley other than its all my fault..

thanks

Richard

Old 10-21-2015, 11:57 AM   #4
SHughes

Name: SHughes
Title: Too much is never enough!
Member`s Gallery
Warranty paperwork?

Old 10-21-2015, 12:10 PM   #5
rjustman

Member`s Gallery
Not a warranty claim..it's a parts I paid for were not installed claim..

Not to sound like a d!ck but it's been a struggle for me the last little bit..I posted pics of the build sheet with pics of what was actually installed..

Last edited by rjustman; 10-21-2015 at 12:11 PM.

Old 10-21-2015, 12:33 PM   #6
CPSimpson

Name: CPSimpson
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjustman View Post
I would like my money back on all parts I paid for and didn't receive.or I would like the fully dressed 6.7 with the extra 5.9 crank and full set of 12v Brazil rods I sent back..and I'll send you this junk back..

Richard
So, this was a trade deal? I've done business with Ashley and know lots of people that have. This doesn't sound like any dealing I've ever had with him. I'd like to hear the other side of this story.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:09 PM   #7
rjustman

Member`s Gallery
Hopefully he'll chime in..yes I had a 40k mile 6.7 I was going to put in my truck with an Allison 6 speed..my girl got,prego and I had to buy household items..my swap money went to that so I started parting everything out..Ashley reached out to me saying he wanted it for a 6.4 build ..so I sent him a fully dressed 6.7 with a 5.9 crank and 12v Brazil rods..in turn he would build me a 500hp 12v because it would be a cheaper swap..

I'm sure a lot of people have had good run ins with him,and me being an underdog here and him being high and mighty I'm sure I'll just end up eating this whole mess..even if I do one and everyone to know what happen to me..he did make it right with me on the injectors..I will give him that..but everything else he refuses to take any blame..

After I started asking questions and complaining he claimed that he spun a main bearing in the 6.7 and ruined his crank..I told him I'd make it right but since then everything I've found in this motor has been junk and he refuses to take any lumps..

The conversation we had on the 6.4 was over,the phone,and since he's been denying that over text I've been communicating with paper trails.. Sucks but Ashley in my eyes is a,crook..

Old 10-21-2015, 01:19 PM   #8
9724VF350

Name: 9724VF350
Title: Tractor Guy
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjustman View Post
Ashley reached out to me saying he wanted it for a 6.4 build ..so I sent him a fully dressed 6.7 with a 5.9 crank and 12v Brazil rods.

After I started asking questions and complaining he claimed that he spun a main bearing in the 6.7 and ruined his crank.
Did he decide to just run it as a 6.7 and it spun a bearing or did he turn it into a 6.4 and it spun a bearing?

Wife's ride-03 Excursion 12V swap in the works.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:24 PM   #9
rjustman

Member`s Gallery
He said 6.7.said he was "test running" motor? He traded as a core..he was down to 2900 dollars for a fully dressed 6.7 he said he would give me core,price on since he didn't know condition of anything..even at that with the 6.7 as a core and good 5.9 crank and rods..

Old 10-21-2015, 01:29 PM   #10
jlbayes

Name: jlbayes
Member`s Gallery

Old 10-21-2015, 01:43 PM   #11
SHughes

Name: SHughes
Title: Too much is never enough!
Member`s Gallery
Two years later after several people have had their hands in it, you want a refund...

Old 10-21-2015, 02:03 PM   #12
rjustman

Member`s Gallery
No one's had their hands in it??

Old 10-21-2015, 02:06 PM   #13
rjustman

Member`s Gallery
I started trouble shooting..sending off pump to get work..injectors to get work..like anyone else would do..cam just got pulled yesterday..my trucks been sitting for over a year..I have a family to support I can't dump all my time and money into something that shouldn't be like this in first place..I have been the ONLY one to take or add anything to this motor..

It's cut and dry..he charged me for stuff he failed to put in..its right there in the build sheet..

Old 10-21-2015, 02:34 PM   #14
CPSimpson

Name: CPSimpson
Member`s Gallery
Do you have a receipt from Black's Diesel Performance? Was Ashley a 3rd party in this deal?

Old 10-21-2015, 02:38 PM   #15
rjustman

Member`s Gallery
It took me well over 6 months to get the build sheet..that's all I received from him after pestering him Damn near every week..

No I dealt directly with him..personally..through his personal cell phone,calling and texting

Old 10-21-2015, 02:41 PM   #16
RascalMafia

Name: RascalMafia
Title: heyyyyyyy girrrrrrrl
Member`s Gallery
You said dyno numbers were low. What were the numbers, and what / who's dyno?

#lyfe
'01 F350 7.3 / ZF6

Old 10-21-2015, 02:58 PM   #17
rjustman

Member`s Gallery
338hp 778tq..superflow dyno..local dyno.Williams broyhers diesel shop.located in snowflake Arizona..on those dyno pulls the dipstick pushed out of the tube..
It was my first outing with the truck..I pulled up in my "500hp" new fummins build..the dyno owner and operator has had a few o my past trucks on the dyno so he was just as excited as I was to put it on..

Old 10-21-2015, 06:17 PM   #18
SledPuller21

Name: SledPuller21
Title: Never enough
Member`s Gallery
A 600 grit hone with Mahle rings...someone has no clue what they're doing, and its no wonder your blow by was that bad.
2013 USA-East Open 2.6 points champion
Apex Diesel Performance & Machine

Old 10-21-2015, 07:50 PM   #19
rjustman

Member`s Gallery
The lift on the cam that I pulled from the motor Ashley built and sold as a haisley street cam is 235/263

Old 10-21-2015, 07:56 PM   #20
Rich dzl

Name: Rich dzl
Title: 12v guru
Member`s Gallery
This is becoming to common !!! If needs money bad enough to shaft you I don't think You will get a refund ... 600 grit lol.. Must be a gas guy!

Last edited by Rich dzl; 10-21-2015 at 08:04 PM.

Closed Thread