$30 per head, per day SDX 2011.

No offense intended, but not attending SDX because of an act of stupidity on another individual's part does not make any sense to me. That's like the kid at the playground taking his toys because the others don't play by his rules. I understand you not wanting to put your truck in harm's way, but you can't "police our own" actions at Scheid's when you're sitting in your living room. If anything that may be an issue with the hotel, not the event itself.

This was not a single individuals act and there were many others who were also acting like fools.The gentleman who I witnessed when I walked out to retrieve a article from my truck was dealt with in my own fashion.The sheer amount of stupidity witnessed by many due to the amount of alcohol overload in that town was a embarrassment to us all.It has not stopped,nor has it been curtailed at all,the videos are out there and it seems to get worse each year.I will keep saying it,I attend many other sanctioning bodies national events and do not have to deal with the amount of stupidity that goes along with diesel motorsports events.One would think if we were policing our own,issues like this would not continue and towns would not want us out of the area.

Maybe your right and some of us are like a kid taking his toys so no one else can play with them.However,until the others can stroke the check to pay for the toys I feel they have no right to use them let alone have them for their personal guardrail while having a burnout contest in a motel lot.

Carlisle a couple of weeks ago had its share of issues,due to weather and too much booze.from idiots and their diesels driving around sooting everyone out and doing burnouts to the drop-n-drag jagoff's acting like drunken idiots many people were talked to and some tossed out.The only reason I still go there is I do not have to leave my truck sit in a motel lot and can take it home.The one truck we left at the show grounds(GF;s 01.5 Sport) had stuff stolen from it and the management basically did not care when told about it.

Its very tiresome when you work hard to have a nice unit and others have no respect for their own and even less for yours.

This was not a single individuals act and there were many others who were also acting like fools.The gentleman who I witnessed when I walked out to retrieve a article from my truck was dealt with in my own fashion.The sheer amount of stupidity witnessed by many due to the amount of alcohol overload in that town was a embarrassment to us all.It has not stopped,nor has it been curtailed at all,the videos are out there and it seems to get worse each year.I will keep saying it,I attend many other sanctioning bodies national events and do not have to deal with the amount of stupidity that goes along with diesel motorsports events.One would think if we were policing our own,issues like this would not continue and towns would not want us out of the area.

Maybe your right and some of us are like a kid taking his toys so no one else can play with them.However,until the others can stroke the check to pay for the toys I feel they have no right to use them let alone have them for their personal guardrail while having a burnout contest in a motel lot.

Carlisle a couple of weeks ago had its share of issues,due to weather and too much booze.from idiots and their diesels driving around sooting everyone out and doing burnouts to the drop-n-drag jagoff's acting like drunken idiots many people were talked to and some tossed out.The only reason I still go there is I do not have to leave my truck sit in a motel lot and can take it home.The one truck we left at the show grounds(GF;s 01.5 Sport) had stuff stolen from it and the management basically did not care when told about it.

Its very tiresome when you work hard to have a nice unit and others have no respect for their own and even less for yours.

Well dont go then, while im sure most here would agree with you it gets out of hand, your not goin to change the world, and most are too busy watching or competing in the event to walk around policing it. While i agree with you its rediculous what some people do out there, if you let yourself get embarrased over it, that is your own problem. Diesel events have the most problems cause its the "popular" thing at the moment. Common sence will tell you that. So i guess if your not gonna go, dont go, like i said, the event will go on.

Well dont go then, while im sure most here would agree with you it gets out of hand, your not goin to change the world, and most are too busy watching or competing in the event to walk around policing it. While i agree with you its rediculous what some people do out there, if you let yourself get embarrased over it, that is your own problem. Diesel events have the most problems cause its the "popular" thing at the moment. Common sence will tell you that. So i guess if your not gonna go, dont go, like i said, the event will go on.

It is even some of the competitors, last year(might have been the year before) I snagged a set of keys from an idiot that was doing donuts in the infield and gave them to a local law enforcement person. His pulling buddy made a comment on here about how big of a dik I was for doing that. Lol

It is even some of the competitors, last year(might have been the year before) I snagged a set of keys from an idiot that was doing donuts in the infield and gave them to a local law enforcement person. His pulling buddy made a comment on here about how big of a dik I was for doing that. Lol

Not only Competitors and "Fans".......Vendors have partaken in the madness too (Some of it was worse than the regular people), and at that very moment I lost all respect for that company!!!

Although I will say TS this year looked like an AARP convention after the pulls and races were over, so maybe "Policing our Own" is starting to take hold.

Okay...here is my only reply to this thread. I live very close to the fairgrounds so I really don't mind the $30 fee, however, my wife (who loves trucks) always used to come up saturday morning to see the show and shine, walk the booths, meet and greet, etc. Pulling is not her thing, so she would go shopping and dinner with friends during the pulls. She is not coming at all this year because she won't get her $30 worth. Not really the point here. My problem is going to be how they deal with the gate this year....What do you do with the trucks that have missed the price increase and either won't pay it or don't have the cash on them to get everybody in?? Are they going to have a turn-around lane? We all know how F-ed up the main entrance is usually anyway, I can only imagine what it will be like have to get all that money together and pay out.....

There is no way in he'll I would let the actions of a few jackasses determine wether I have a good time or not. You can't prove that diesel guys are better by staying home either. Just my opinion though take it for what it's worth

So this was posted on the SDX FB page.... This should make things interesting again this year...

Also note that Burlington, Bourbon & Canal Liquors, and surrounding businesses are allowing their parking lot to be used for after hours fun, they all went in together and rented a dumpster and are leaving the parking lot lights on this year. So lets show are gratitude and be safe and clean up after ourselves so they will continue this year after year! :)

Which FB page? The official one??? I have a sneaking feeling that the after hours fun may get cut a bit short if it cranks up...... But WTF do I know?

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...... That is why my replies are short and my spelling sucks.

Yes it was the official one but was posted by a local person soooo I don't know if there's truth behind it. Also there will be 60 more police and 20 rental cops on duty compared to last year and talk of homeland security

I live close to DuQuoin ILL where the Street Machine Nats used to be held, back in the late 80's it cost more that 30 bucks to drive your car in.

the event would gain 3-4 million dollars for the surrounding erea, but still the drunks and trash caused the town of DuQuoin to say thats it.

so me and my old 1st gen will be there, and we won't be causing any problems, we will be visiting friends and when the first truck pulls we will go to the stands and be able to find a good seat as always.

being a grandpa now i can look back at something my dad told me at 16, ( if you want to stay out of trouble, stay away from where trouble is) I do this and have never had any problems at SDX.

see ya there.

Dar

I'm just ready for the event. Being stuck in NE broken down is killing me! Aaaah the joys of driving cross country. I'm gonna need a drink, or two.

There is no way in he'll I would let the actions of a few jackasses determine wether I have a good time or not. You can't prove that diesel guys are better by staying home either. Just my opinion though take it for what it's worth

X2!

$30 is cheap compared to the fuel its gonna take to get there. Just dropped $72 to fill the truck and leaving at 3am....

I like how park is laid out this year, has cut down on the one that stop ya to blow smoke or burn outs. But the town madness is still at it. Seen lots of blue,light last nite while out eating in just checking things out

Back