Clearance

duke1n

Banned
Can a couple or three people with stock 98-02 2500 4x4s do me a favor and take a measurement for me? I need to know the distance between the tab on the outside of the frame rail behind the front wheel and the stop on the axle that it would contact at full travel. Should be somewhere around 5". I've got some unknown front coils and am trying to determine what stock ride height is on this type of truck. I appreciate it. Thx

if no one has posted by the time my wife gets home for work i will get some measurements for ya

Thanks!

The measurement could also be between the flat pedestal on top the axle and the bottom of the frame rail. Could also go to the rubber bumpstop but might be different if there were different rubber stops.

Wonder if I can assume that most 3/4ton 4x4s had the 38/39 springs?

I don't know how much difference the rachhand makes Dukey, but bumpstop pad on axle to bumpstop plate on frame was 3 1/4 on mine. This was measured to the mounting plate for the rubber stops, not to the rubber itself.

My truck is stock insofar as the suspension goes, and is an 8800GVW rated truck. I THINK that there is a difference in the spring packages between the weight ratings on the front, I know there is on the rears.

Hope this helps.

Billysgoat said:
I don't know how much difference the rachhand makes Dukey, but bumpstop pad on axle to bumpstop plate on frame was 3 1/4 on mine. This was measured to the mounting plate for the rubber stops, not to the rubber itself.

My truck is stock insofar as the suspension goes, and is an 8800GVW rated truck. I THINK that there is a difference in the spring packages between the weight ratings on the front, I know there is on the rears.

Hope this helps.

well just measured mine an it is 3 1/4 or maybe 3 7/16 was getting dark hope this helps

heck Billy my truck is 8800gvw but it hits the scales at 9960lbs i told the trooper they made a mistake on the sticker lol problem is he didnt believe me still got the ticket

Can I get this measurement. I can't tell what you guys are measuring lol

Attachments

• gap.jpg
    gap.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 37
That is what I measured Dukey, from the bumpstop pad on the axle to the bumpstop plate on the frame.

Keep two things in mind with mine and Benji's trucks though, they are both loaded to the gills with stuff, I'm at 8600lbs and he is at 9900lbs, that will likely make a touch of spring compression.

C'mon you guys with stock EMPTY trucks, get a tape out and go measure!!!

i measured it and it came out to 5 1/4 but thats with 2" leveling blocks that is completely unloaded

hmmmm weird so these stock 3500 springs must be like D25 leveling springs because they are 5 1/2" and everyone seems to be coming in between 3 1/4 and almost 4". Anyone else? Thx

duke1n said:
hmmmm weird so these stock 3500 springs must be like D25 leveling springs because they are 5 1/2" and everyone seems to be coming in between 3 1/4 and almost 4". Anyone else? Thx
Can't find my tape measure...

bnraond.

duke1n said:

mike, mine measures exactly 4"

I'll measure mine tonight if it will help you. I had to drive the wife's SUV for service today. My chassis is stock but I weight in at around 8300 lbs with all the crap in the bed.

Back