All Head Light On Mod 01-02 GM pickup

2500HeavyDuty

This Mod works for All the GM pickups IIRC from the years 00-02. I know for a fact it works on 01-02 but correct me if im wrong.

The mod Allows you to have your Low Beam and High Beam headlights on at the same time only when your high beams are switched on.

Disclaimer: If you live in Texas do this mod at your own risk. It is illegal to have more than 4 lights on at one time

1.First you will need a Screw driver, 1/2 inch socket with ratchet, wire cutters/strippers, Scotchlok, Eye terminal, Zip ties, pliers, and Wire. These parts can be purchased at a local radio shack , auto zone, or wallmart if you don't have them on you.

IMG00198.jpg

2. Open up the hood of your Beast.

IMG00199.jpg

3. Use the socket wrench to remove the Bracket in the corner that is connected to the firewall and fender that is being held in place by four 1/2 inch bolts.

IMG00200.jpg

4. With it removed place it in a convenient place.

IMG00201.jpg

5. Next remove the cover for the electrical center.

IMG00202.jpg

6. Now look over the electrical center and look at the side facing the engine and you will notice two tabs sticking out...
IMG00203.jpg

Push down on the electrical center cover and slide the cover over the tabs that stick out (i used a screw driver). After you done that the Electrical cover should be able to come off by pulling straight up on it
IMG00206.jpg

7. Too make things easier now free up the huge bundle of wires that is attached to the fender liner by pulling on it (this may take some persuasion)

IMG00209.jpg
IMG00210.jpg

8. Next is to Pick up the electrical center and prop it open. There is 3 tabs thats are holding the center to the mount. Bend them back and Pick up the whole center and prop it open exposing the underside of it.
IMG00207.jpg
IMG00208.jpg

IMG00212.jpg

9. Now locate the yellow wire that is in the tan wire block, this is the wire you want to ground for your mod.

IMG00211.jpg

IMG00213.jpg

10. Use a scotchlok and attach your wire onto it. Double check and make sure it is a a solid connection.

IMG00215.jpg

11. Now Re-assemble everything back together wire sticking out of the bottom of the electrical center. And to make things nice and neat zip tie down the loose wire to the huge bundle of wires that goes into the fire wall.

IMG00216.jpg

12. Now to find a ground to connect your wire to. There are many places to connect it to, on the firewall

IMG00217.jpg

I chose to use an eye terminal and connect it to an existing ground i have made before.

IMG00218.jpg

With the yellow wire grounded your headlight mod is complete. :)

I'm glad I have a dodge. It takes a blue spice-tap and about two minutes. Our wires on under the steering wheel behind the blank panel! Looks like a 12 pack job on the Chebys! :D

2500HeavyDuty said:
03-07 is very simple. all you need is a silicon diode and jump two relays in your main fuse box. ill see if i can post up something for that.

Please do I have a buddy with an 05' that would want to do this

4x4dually said:
I'm glad I have a dodge. It takes a blue spice-tap and about two minutes. Our wires on under the steering wheel behind the blank panel! Looks like a 12 pack job on the Chebys! :D
Not trying to hijack, but can you elaborate on how this is done?

Info for Dodge.

I have had mine done for a couple years and have never blown a bulb or fuse. Take off the blank panel under the steering wheel. Find the red/orange wire and the lime green one in the bundle coming from the steering wheel. Take a blue splicer and cut the end cap out of it so you can put two through wires in it. Clamp it on and replace panel. All of about 5 miutes. This mod works on 01 and 02, check your model year schematic to make sure it works for what ever truck you are doing.

Back to our regularly schedule Chevy program....

Attachments

• Headlight Jumper (Medium).JPG
    Headlight Jumper (Medium).JPG
    52 KB · Views: 12
haloman said:
Please do I have a buddy with an 05' that would want to do this

Ill get around to doing that tomorrow. Today im busy with modifying my dash and adding something called a DSP5?

:evil

well its hard to find me an 03+, i work too damn much and im pretty much the only guy i know with a truck around here...

but you can buy some diodes from radio shack i think they are part # 4001. but u can use #4002 and #4003 too.

They diodes only flow current one way and u can use this to jump relays in the junction block under the hood. what need to do is to solder on some wire to the ends of the diodes and tape them up, and strip the ends of the wires like an 8th inch.

After the go to the junction box under the hood and run connect the diodes so the the current flows from the high beam relay (contact #85) to the low beam relay (contact #85)

and thats pretty much it. you will know if you have the diode backwards if your high beams are on when only the low beams are supposed to be on.

U can play with the diodes some and have the fogs on too, but make sure that you only jump the #85 contacts on the relays

i have a 2004.5 and would LOVE to know how to have the brights and low beams and fogs on when you switch to high beams. this doesent effect the regular low beam and fog on at the same time effect does it. there all on just when you switch to high beams? by the way whats a dsp5 and what does it do????? very curious. thanks.
James

i have a 2004.5 and would LOVE to know how to have the brights and low beams and fogs on when you switch to high beams. this doesent effect the regular low beam and fog on at the same time effect does it. there all on just when you switch to high beams? by the way whats a dsp5 and what does it do????? very curious. thanks.
James

Do like 2500HeavyDuty said, doesn't effect low/fog just keeps everything on when highbeams are on. DSP5 is a 5way switch for EFIlive

damn its been a while, im never on here.

but yeah dsp5 is prettty crazy.

looks like from your avatar you gots that mod figured out

Back