Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Vulcan Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 12:38 AM   #1
Fishin2Deep4U

Name: Fishin2Deep4U
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Draw Straw V updated again!

We have added the last piece of the puzzle for the in tank pump owners.

We now have 3 basic options in the DSV.

DSV Basic kit. This uses the factory feed tube at the top of the module with 3/8" hardware and fuel line. This kit is aimed at the non bypass pump owners. Instalation is remarkably simple and everything you will need is included.

DSV HiFlow kit. This kit requires NO HOLES TO BE DRILLED IN THE TANK. It does require a hole in the top of the module. Again, 1/2" internals. A simple 5/8" hole is drilled into the module top and uses our special sealing fitting to keep the fuel where it belongs.

DSV HiFlow Upgrade Kit.
This uses larger 1/2" draw tube and hardware. Again, easy install in the module and this setup uses a DSII fitting that came with your Airdog/ Rator of FASS kit. These are for DSII fittings that have already been installed in the tank.

All of our kits feature bio and veggie oil compatible line, easy installation with no broken parts and the highest quality in the market.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thank for your support of Vulcan Diesel Performance!

Dave

Vulcan Diesel Performance

Call me direct at 503.970.6712

Old 02-09-2009, 01:14 AM   #2
dieseltracks

Name: dieseltracks
Title: lost
Member`s Gallery
I'm running an in-tank pump and a Holley Red right now.
I have a stock sending unit with a DS 1 installed in it to replace the in-tank/Holley set-up with.
Would it be more beneficial to use the DS 5 kit with my in-tank sending unit or just go ahead and install the stock sending unit with the DS 1?? Which one would give the best results?? Or would they both just give the same result??

Old 02-09-2009, 01:36 AM   #3
Fishin2Deep4U

Member`s Gallery
Keep in mind, this kit is only for those modules that have been replaced by the dealer with an in tank pump and or the 3rd gen in tank pump guys.

That said, if you are running a DS1, you would most likely not see much or any of a difference DEPENDING on where your tube has been installed. I also run a DS1 and can draw 30+ gallons out of the tank, so it just depends.

If the in tank module is intact, you could use the DSV and it is just a more precise way of locating the suction end of the device.

Give Eric or myself a call at the shop Monday and we can make sure you are getting what you need.

Dave
866-446-1043 or my cell 503-970-6712

Old 02-18-2009, 02:59 AM   #4
Fishin2Deep4U

Member`s Gallery
Here's a couple of pictures to help illustrate what's going on with the module.

First, we have the DSV installed in the module in place of the factory pump. This does NOT require breaking of the module or parts just in case the owner would ever want to swap back. Please note, the green line was used for photo contrast and would not be used with the shipped product. The hose we ship is clear and is bio and veg oil compatible. The green line is not. Also, we now go to the top of the module bypassing the bar in the center. New photos will be more clear.

The second images is with an old prototype module that we used to mockup the DSV Hiflow kit. As you can see, everything mounts in the module. The DSV in the base is the same design as the first picture. However, it is 1/2" internally.

Dave

Old 02-23-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
JeepHauler

Name: JeepHauler
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
I did a little engineering and made this work in my non pump sending unit assembly.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #6
Fishin2Deep4U

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHauler View Post
I did a little engineering and made this work in my non pump sending unit assembly.

We have those out as well. We are in the final tweaking stages before they fully go to market.

However, the DS1 does exactly the same thing. This will just be a more positive location and set height for the module. It should take some of the guesswork out of it.

Dave

Old 02-23-2009, 10:15 PM   #7
JeepHauler

Name: JeepHauler
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin2Deep4U View Post
We have those out as well. We are in the final tweaking stages before they fully go to market.

However, the DS1 does exactly the same thing. This will just be a more positive location and set height for the module. It should take some of the guesswork out of it.

Dave

I like to make things harder that it should be. I should have asked more questions when I ordered. I didn't pay any attention to it being for intank pump setups nor did I even examine the DS1. I just saw that DSVHF going in the tank module and had to have it

Closed Thread