Rubber Tarp Straps

Red Sleeper

I am looking for somewhere to purchase quality, made in USA, rubber straps that are commonly used for securing tarps on a loaded trailer. Normally, I purchase a handful from McCoy's, but they don't seem to last and are expensive for 31" strap I feel like. Also tried ones from horrible freight, never again.

A quick Google search yielded a few options for decent prices. But wanted to see what members here have found.

My drivers lose them before they break so we buy the cheap chit

Sent from my SM-J260A using Tapatalk

Industrial Rubber Supply in Winnipeg, MB makes the highest quality ones I've ever found. They use natural rubber. You can tell the difference because it has a dull black look. Other bungees usually look shiny. They also snap way easier and get very stiff in the cold. Once you stretch them cold they do not snap back until they are warmed up again. They also get "hairy" after a while unlike natural rubber.

Last edited:
Kimball Midwest has some BADAZZ straps but they are salty. We have some for inside our shot blaster to help secure housings. They are a silicone based strap. The rubber ones cracked and fell apart rather quick. We've had these for 2+years without any issue.

if theres a Fastenal or a tractor supply is where I get mine..both seem to work pretty well. they break but haven't ever had one break when I was stretching it and whip the schidt out of me...the Fastenal one are pretty strong

My driver breaks them constantly so I just find the cheapest junk I can buy him. I'm talking every month he needs new ones because he stretches them so tight they snap.

Same guy bends chain binders and breaks chains trying to get **** tight enough to suit him.

Chris

My driver breaks them constantly so I just find the cheapest junk I can buy him. I'm talking every month he needs new ones because he stretches them so tight they snap.

Same guy bends chain binders and breaks chains trying to get **** tight enough to suit him.

Chris

I can tighten chains as tight as I physically can and it doesn’t wreck them. Running them over corners in a bad way is what wrecks them. I’m not the biggest guy around but by no means small either.

Good snap straps can be stretched to the limit. If he was loosening them then that’s a different story. I had a driver do that.

6'4" Marine and a cheater pipe is tough on things. Great driver, doesn't hurt our truck or the equipment, but he is hell on chains and binders, LOL

Chris

6'4" Marine and a cheater pipe is tough on things. Great driver, doesn't hurt our truck or the equipment, but he is hell on chains and binders, LOL

Chris

Fml I haul some heavy stuff and chain it down tight and I’ve never used a bar on my ratchet binders. Obviously different story when I need to use over Center traps. And stuff don’t move on our rough roads lol

Got set up with Lawson about a year ago, their straps are made in the USA and seem to be great quality, and their price to us is cheaper than we can buy any other strap off the shelf.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I’ll check out the few others mentioned. Still have not bought any at the moment but sure remember I need to each time I need a hand full on the flat bed.

Several guys on Garage Journal swear by these.

Bungee Straps Cords | TEKTON® | Free Shipping

They are currently running a sale on them also, see below. Note, the $25 can be in bungees.

Get bungees for $2 each.
Order at least $25 in other tools. Enter code "BUNGEES" at checkout.
While supplies last; limit 100 per person.

My pickups have the ones that have multiple holes in them. They work pretty well, I just never really need them. The only time I use a tarp, I throw a cargo net over it.

Back