Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Full Pull Productions
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #21
BigB82789

Name: BigB82789
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Chit!

01 Dodge

91 Dodge

Old 06-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #22
JOHNBOY

Name: JOHNBOY
Title: ZF6 Sled Puller
Member`s Gallery
My vids
Part 1
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu3Sddj_zwU[/MEDIA]
Originally Posted by Gale Banks
My answer to the guys with nitrous........Get a better job........make some more money so you can learn to turbocharge!

Old 06-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #23
Hammer

Name: Hammer
Title: Verbal Junk Author
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Which 2.6 trucks had hood stacks? Same ones Weston say have AG governors I guess.
Johnboy....
I guess I should have worded that differently as to not confuse you or anyone else.There are some 2.6 trucks out in my area which do have them but to solve the issue and make things clearer how about this....

How can a class be denoted or use the words "Street Diesel" when they use hanging front weights and have hood stacks,both of which most all states would cite you for.We could also throw in the guys who run the dual rear wheels and not have dually fenders to cover them and what about the guy like the blue Dodge in your video at 2:37 with the rake that would make most guys slide onto the floor.Wonder what a LEO would think about that on the "street" set like that.Nothing about those classes show me they are true street trucks.Maybe I am asking for to much but when the word "street diesel" is used I expect to see a owner who can actually use his ride on the street.

Sorry for the rant,looks like a nice turnout as due to the weather I stayed home as it rained here most all day.

On Edit....
While sitting here thinking about all that stuff my mind wanders back to when Sleddy won back to back championships with a truck that had none of that stuff and still drove his truck back and forth to work daily.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:52 PM   #24
Sledpuller

Name: Sledpuller
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Hammer, do not question rules until you get your truck dirty, ONCE.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:16 PM   #25
JOHNBOY

Member`s Gallery
Part 2
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zujhjqJLFiE[/MEDIA]
My answer to the guys with nitrous........Get a better job........make some more money so you can learn to turbocharge!

Old 06-13-2010, 05:25 PM   #26
JOHNBOY

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Johnboy....
I guess I should have worded that differently as to not confuse you or anyone else.There are some 2.6 trucks out in my area which do have them but to solve the issue and make things clearer how about this....

How can a class be denoted or use the words "Street Diesel" when they use hanging front weights and have hood stacks,both of which most all states would cite you for.We could also throw in the guys who run the dual rear wheels and not have dually fenders to cover them and what about the guy like the blue Dodge in your video at 2:37 with the rake that would make most guys slide onto the floor.Wonder what a LEO would think about that on the "street" set like that.Nothing about those classes show me they are true street trucks.Maybe I am asking for to much but when the word "street diesel" is used I expect to see a owner who can actually use his ride on the street.

Sorry for the rant,looks like a nice turnout as due to the weather I stayed home as it rained here most all day.

On Edit....
While sitting here thinking about all that stuff my mind wanders back to when Sleddy won back to back championships with a truck that had none of that stuff and still drove his truck back and forth to work daily.
I think you would be suprised how Street some of these top trucks real are. No hood stacks, so what if the hanging weight. The weight bar is not fixed. A lot of guys come in then put the bar and the weights on. Heck I did that and I am a Pro stock truck.

I don't think that the word "street" should be in the class title. Some one always gets their panties in bunch. "My truck is street truck. That is no street truck" That kind BS is why I stay out of limited turbo street classes. Last year I street drove my truck some. 3.0 charger, low compression, big clutch and spools. Was not really that bad. I had to turn down the tune up but I could do it. So I don't see it a stretch that these 2.6 are street able.

Old 06-13-2010, 05:51 PM   #27
trailerpro

Name: trailerpro
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB82789 View Post
Does the sound in the 2.6 vid quit for anybody else?
Home computer appears to have overheated and won't restart. It may be awhile til I can fix it.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #28
JOHNBOY

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailerpro View Post
Home computer appears to have overheated and won't restart. It may be awhile til I can fix it.
I feel your pain. My laptop is giving me fits try to get part 3 edited.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #29
trailerpro

Member`s Gallery
My wife (genius) appears to have fixed the computer.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #30
Hammer

Name: Hammer
Title: Verbal Junk Author
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Hammer, do not question rules until you get your truck dirty, ONCE.
You sound exactly like the guy who owned the NMCA long ago when he was always questioned about his 10" tire "street" cars...

Gene...
You do know my truck gets dirty all the time.There are very few 240,000 mile daily drivers that can slip into a show where the trailer queens rule and take their highly desired iron home with me.I do understand what you mean though but I will not ever quit questioning your rules.I guess my thoughts of what a street truck is differ from yours thats all.All those years you pulled with your old truck I guess ruined me as these guys make a mockery of what a "street" truck really is.

Johnboy...
I would agree with what you said and while I agree some do use their rides at times when a class has the moniker "street" used in it a person expects to see the trucks as they are driven on the street.

On the puter thing....
You should always have extra fans in home PC towers,especially with todays graphics cards inside.The 1 fan most companies give you is not enough to ensure that your tower will stay cool and last and they are banking on you not upgrading it at all so they can get you again on the backside.Its also a HUGE help to remove the covers and clean them out once in a while.With my laptop I use a dogbone styled fan underneath that runs off the USB port and I have never had any issues with it since going to that.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:52 PM   #31
JOHNBOY

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
Johnboy...
I would agree with what you said and while I agree some do use their rides at times when a class has the moniker "street" used in it a person expects to see the trucks as they are driven on the street.
Everybody has their own idea of "Street". That is the main problem with this debate. I see no issue with adding front hanging weights. To me it does not take away from the Streetablity. I took mine off and put then in the bed for years with a truck I drove everyday. But I hung weight so it cant be a "street" truck.

FPP had no front hanging weight last year. The pullers voted to adopted NADM rules and yes the front hanging weight to.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:11 PM   #32
SledPuller21

Name: SledPuller21
Title: Never enough
Member`s Gallery
Thanks for the vids guys, had a good time and was happy to actually get a full pass in, but not without incident. Lost alot of voltage about 10 mins before the run and subsequently couldnt keep any fuel pressure. Heres the incab video we got with KTMracer21's camera, you can see how low the voltage was by how slow the windows go back up . Hats off to Dustin and Casey for some damn good runs too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIn0Y5_6Tn8
2013 USA-East Open 2.6 points champion
Apex Diesel Performance & Machine

Old 06-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #33
trailerpro

Member`s Gallery
New and improved 2.6 video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smtkCSZpPE4

Old 06-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #34
dieseljunkie

Name: dieseljunkie
Title: Wasted Wages
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
I feel your pain. My laptop is giving me fits try to get part 3 edited.
Take as long as you need with that part 3, John!

2010 FPP 2.6 points champion
2010 NADM 2.6 points champion

Old 06-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #35
ktmracer21

Name: ktmracer21
Title: smart a$$
Member`s Gallery
was damn impressed with the turnout. action was really tight all night then kraft found something nobody else saw, well except calvin lol

hats off man. thats gettin it done

a pile o crap 2013 f150 xl freebie

official beer drinker of Apex diesel and the 2013 2.6 usa east points champ strung out pulling team

Old 06-13-2010, 08:32 PM   #36
dieseljunkie

Name: dieseljunkie
Title: Wasted Wages
Member`s Gallery
Thanks Pat, Awesome vids as always. Congrats to Dustin, youre going to keep me scratchin my head.

2010 FPP 2.6 points champion
2010 NADM 2.6 points champion

Old 06-13-2010, 09:56 PM   #37
07dodge

Name: 07dodge
Title: Most Hated
Member`s Gallery
congrats guys! This 2.6 class is gonna be a tough one this year!

Special Thanks:
NADM
Floor-It Diesel
Exergy Performance
Swanson Performance

Old 06-14-2010, 01:05 AM   #38
JOHNBOY

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljunkie View Post
Take as long as you need with that part 3, John!
Here you go.Had to make 4 part as Youtube would not take it in just 3.
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imcDrrLNIas[/MEDIA]

Last edited by JOHNBOY; 06-14-2010 at 01:13 AM.

Old 06-14-2010, 06:44 AM   #39
JOHNBOY

Member`s Gallery
That is all folks!
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYCZvEAqQEk[/MEDIA]

Old 06-14-2010, 08:13 AM   #40
Diesel Monster

Name: Diesel Monster
Title: 1st rear engine monster
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabsledpuller View Post
have you ever even ask me what I did to the truck ...NO...have you ever even pulled a truck,,I highly doubt it..you pa boys are so funny..do you even know what a smarty box or a TST box is..o wait..thats all you guys know...you dont knw what a P pump is..or a sigma...you boys thot for two years I had a redline on 'On Barrowed Time'..get with the program ...dont bash unless you know the facts.......yes WoodRuffs build a nasty engine..thats why if you wana win you get help..an Jeff burton does know how to make a truck hook up.....thanx Gene..you still are my hero,,hence why I have the name..wanabsledpuller
Calvin----You are doing a fine job,keep up the good work.

Smokin Diesel Monster Truck

Closed Thread