Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Full Pull Productions
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #21
cumminsconvoy

Name: cumminsconvoy
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
New RWYB "rules"

Gas Trucks: Cut tires, Nitrous, Superchargers, 7500lbs

Diesel Trucks: 2.0 charger inducer, No tires trucks will run on rims, 7500lbs

*If a diesel wins an event rule changes will be made.(There will be no more Ridin Dirty)

I'm just kidding it's a good class......Bring your popcornits always a good night!

Old 09-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #22
nwpadmax

Name: nwpadmax
Title: Turbo Geek
Member`s Gallery
Haisley trucks all get a 500lb weight penalty!

Old 09-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #23
Ragged Edge

Name: Ragged Edge
Title: TRUCK PULLER
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickshaker View Post
Not trying to be a smart a$$ but why would you have a rule meeting on a Thursday. We bust our a$$'s to pay for our pulling trucks then y'all pull another stunt like that. Why not have a meeting not on a work night or would that make to much sense.
How about you don't go DICKSHAKER, so no one has to hear you talk, damn get over it. Oh buy why FPP pro stock class I think it is great the way it is leave it alone. Maybe get rid of the duramax's

Old 09-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #24
BigB82789

Name: BigB82789
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Will we be graced with the presence of Mr. Mohney himself this year??

01 Dodge

91 Dodge

Old 09-22-2011, 05:05 PM   #25
nwpadmax

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB82789 View Post
Will we be graced with the presence of Mr. Mohney himself this year??
He said he was "seriously considering it". That was yesterday though

Old 09-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #26
cumminsconvoy

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpadmax View Post
Haisley trucks all get a 500lb weight penalty!
Sh!t....I better go on a diet or drive a duramax

Old 09-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #27
timlb703

Name: timlb703
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminsconvoy View Post

*If a diesel wins an event rule changes will be made.(There will be no more Ridin Dirty)

I'm just kidding it's a good class......Bring your popcornits always a good night!
I think it is time for pro stock to put big boy pants on. Unless people like working on the drive lines a lot. Stock drive line mod truck here we go

Last edited by timlb703; 09-22-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #28
timlb703

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Sh!t....I better go on a diet or drive a duramax
What would you do with all that extra power.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #29
timlb703

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragged Edge View Post
How about you don't go DICKSHAKER, so no one has to hear you talk, damn get over it. Oh buy why FPP pro stock class I think it is great the way it is leave it alone. Maybe get rid of the duramax's
6 in a row took last two hooks

Old 09-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #30
a24vc

Name: a24vc
Title: Direct Deposit
Member`s Gallery
Quote:

I'm pretty sure ol' Tim is up for a challenge

Old 09-22-2011, 11:30 PM   #31
WhitetailAddict

Name: WhitetailAddict
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlb703 View Post
I think it is time for pro stock to put big boy pants on. Unless people like working on the drive lines a lot. Stock drive line mod truck here we go
First, I don't have a dog in this fight.

I must say I don't understand the stock drivetrain rule. It seems expensive for the committed competitors, and excludes others from different sanctioning bodies to hook.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:30 AM   #32
timlb703

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitetailAddict View Post

I must say I don't understand the stock drivetrain rule. It seems expensive for the committed competitors, and excludes others from different sanctioning bodies to hook.
Thats is what I am saying. There is a couple of really good running trucks close to the locations we pull at. Some may make it to pull. Odl dose not make any more power, just saves on parts. I am pretty sure the fans/crowd could care less. I don't think anyone of them had any interest in looking at the underside of mine or others.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:37 AM   #33
lightsOUT

Name: lightsOUT
Member`s Gallery
What about a weight penalty for ODL trucks??? Just for a year or two until all the heavy hitters get their trucks switched around. This would still allow for pullers with FDL to compete while giving them the heads up on getting the coin needed to switch, also new pullers or a less competitive truck to continue working on their set-up and improving on becoming more competitive.

This has been done before. Right before 2.8 went away there was some places running a 2.8/3.0 class where the 3.0 trucks ran at like 7500 lbs. Or something there abouts.

I too have "no dog in the fight" because I don't run FPP, but I thought I'd share an idea.

Thoughts???

the dark side made me do it.........

Old 09-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #34
nwpadmax

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitetailAddict View Post

It's about history, that's why.

FPP has always given due credit to the pullers that have supported the class for a long time. So if the "old guard" doesn't want open driveline, then it gets voted against and status quo remains.

FPP has said over and over that they don't have a particular view on how a rule like this should go, they just need to have a good field of trucks. So if you want open driveline in that class, you're gonna need 6 or 8 committed people to stick with it and keep the class viable, knowing that some pullers will quit.

2 years ago we had this discussion and the former champions of the class basically weren't against open driveline per se, but their comment was "we don't really want to start all over again." At the time they were more or less ruling the roost because of the number of wins. That wasn't the case this year....new sherriff in town.

Bottom line is that it takes time to change old ways. Sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes not.

Personally I think that class should be changed to fall in line with NADM 3.0 or Superstreet, because it is a unicorn class as is. You set up for that class and just can't run other places without a lot of wrenching and parts swapping, etc.

Last edited by nwpadmax; 09-23-2011 at 12:20 PM.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #35
rickFPP

Name: rickFPP
Title: Promoter USA-EAST
Member`s Gallery
the USA-EAST committee felt like last year the true 3.0 trucks could have competed in Pro Stock Diesel. however the pullers chose not to permit those trucks into the class at last year's meeting. there appears to be some added sentiment to getting the true 3.0 trucks into the PS Diesel class for 2012.

we are talking about true 3.0 trucks - NADM or NTPA or PPL East Cost rules.

this would require a turbo check for the 3.0 trucks. It would also permit an option for a current USA-EAST Pro Stock Diesel to go to an open driveline and back off to a 3.0 charger in 2012.

but .... this would take an affirmative vote by the current (2011) Pro Stock Diesel owners at the meeting on Thursday in order to go into affect.

IF you are a current USA-EAST member in PS Diesel and you are not coming to the rules meeting, be sure to let RJ or Rick know your feelings on this issue and we will add your vote at the meeting.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #36
outlaw99

Name: outlaw99
Member`s Gallery
How does the hitch rules in 2.6 line out?? I wanted to go pull a couple times this year and buddies told me my reese STYLE hitch wouldnt pass.. its not bolted in its welded and it doesnt move in or out?

TOOPS PERFORMANCE
IN HOUSE DYNO TUNING
EFI LIVE/UDC TUNING CUMMINS

03-04.5 efi conversions

Old 09-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #37
nwpadmax

Member`s Gallery
I'm not sure how a true 3.0 truck with ODL would stack up against an open single with SDL.

It would probably have less breakage and stay in the points really well....but to win individual hooks, I'd think that open single would be hard to beat.

Pick your poison kind of thing.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #38
nwpadmax

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw99 View Post
How does the hitch rules in 2.6 line out?? I wanted to go pull a couple times this year and buddies told me my reese STYLE hitch wouldnt pass.. its not bolted in its welded and it doesnt move in or out?
If you put 20' on everyone, you have an illegal hitch

Old 09-23-2011, 01:07 PM   #39
cumminsconvoy

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpadmax View Post
It's about history, that's why.

FPP has always given due credit to the pullers that have supported the class for a long time. So if the "old guard" doesn't want open driveline, then it gets voted against and status quo remains.

FPP has said over and over that they don't have a particular view on how a rule like this should go, they just need to have a good field of trucks. So if you want open driveline in that class, you're gonna need 6 or 8 committed people to stick with it and keep the class viable, knowing that some pullers will quit.

2 years ago we had this discussion and the former champions of the class basically weren't against open driveline per se, but their comment was "we don't really want to start all over again." At the time they were more or less ruling the roost because of the number of wins. That wasn't the case this year....new sherriff in town.

Bottom line is that it takes time to change old ways. Sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes not.

Personally I think that class should be changed to fall in line with NADM 3.0 or Superstreet, because it is a unicorn class as is. You set up for that class and just can't run other places without a lot of wrenching and parts swapping, etc.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #40
Tony R

Name: Tony R
Title: New Build is For Sale.
Member`s Gallery
I don't have a dog in this fight, but it just gets old chasing rules every year. The cost of everything has went way up in this sport since it's beginning. Your looking at about 14k to put a odl setup under a truck. It's not the cost of the reverser or dropbox that gets you. It's the cost of every little small part that you have to have to make it work that adds up. We use to have 30 trucks down here in the stock driveline 3.0 class, now there is nobody. The cost of it has drove everyone away.

Closed Thread