Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Full Pull Productions
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
rickFPP

Name: rickFPP
Title: Promoter USA-EAST
Member`s Gallery
Work Stock Diesel for 2013

USA-EAST will adopt a set of rules for WORK STOCK DIESEL in 2013. these will be modelled after the current NADM rules with some minor changes. Trucks that compete in the Open 2.6 Diesel class will be restricted from competing in these WS divisions through the course of next season. The WS rules will be discussed at the rules meeting on October 23.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
AdaMax

Name: AdaMax
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
If my truck is legal you will see me at some of your pulls .

Old 10-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
BVFDCummins

Name: BVFDCummins
Member`s Gallery
I'd be there too!!

Old 10-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
Briggs0130

Name: Briggs0130
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
I'd definitely be willing to make the drive for some workstock action!!!

Special thanks to Caleb at Blackout Performance
https://www.youtube.com/user/Briggsy0130

2014 PPS 2.5 Champion
2015 FCTPA 2.5 Runner Up

Old 10-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
BigB82789

Name: BigB82789
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
So add workstock, keep 2.6, and drop pro stock for 3.0?

01 Dodge

91 Dodge

Old 10-14-2012, 06:53 AM   #6
Briggs0130

Member`s Gallery
Are you guys thinking about doing a "stock Appearing" class or thinking something more along the lines of turbo size, like a true 2.5 inch inducer no stepped covers or larger wheels?

2014 PPS 2.5 Champion
2015 FCTPA 2.5 Runner Up

Old 10-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #7
nwpadmax

Name: nwpadmax
Title: Turbo Geek
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB82789 View Post
So add workstock, keep 2.6, and drop pro stock for 3.0?
PSD and 3.0 seem to play together fine, why exclude trucks? One heavy hitter is already gone...

Old 10-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
rickFPP

Name: rickFPP
Title: Promoter USA-EAST
Member`s Gallery
Work Stock RULES (Tentative)

These rules will be adopted at the USA-EAST rules meeting on October 23 in New Castle, Pennsylvania.....comments are welcome.

USA-EAST SLED PULLING
WORK STOCK DIESEL TRUCKS – 2013

The Work Stock Diesel (WSDiesel) class is designed for daily-driven, on the road pickup trucks (full-bodied diesel pickup trucks). Valid DOT registration and license plates are mandatory. If your truck is street legal and built to the rules set forth herein, you can enter this class. Registration papers are required to prove that the truck is licensed for street use. A license plate with the current sticker tag is required to be affixed to the truck. Where applicable, a current inspection sticker is required. Trucks may be hauled to the pull.

The vehicle may be two or four-wheel drive.

Weight: 8000 lbs. Weight is with driver

Ballast:
Ballast is if used, ballast must be securely fastened to the bed only. Final decisions rest with the tech officials. No ballast permitted in passenger compartment.
Batteries:
The batteries must be securely mounted in the OEM location. They may not be located in the driver compartment or forward of the radiator core support.
Body:
The body must be the OEM truck body, including the full bed floor. The body must retain full sheet metal. Metal after-market hoods are permitted. Fiberglass is prohibited. The hood must be closed and securely latched while the vehicle is hooked to the sled. The complete OEM firewall and OEM floor pan is mandatory.
Brakes:
Four-wheel hydraulic brakes are mandatory.
Bumpers:
Front bumpers must be Unaltered Factory stock. No weighted front devices are permitted. – This includes but limited to: Homemade bumpers, Brush Guards, “Ranch Hand” type Bumpers & Winches. Lower brackets (only) for snowplows frames are permitted so long as no modifications that would add weight are present. An unaltered decorative brush guard may be permitted at the option of the head tech officials. A truck may compete without a bumper. Final decisions rest with the tech officials.
Chassis:
The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body
used. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back-half conversions, tube chassis, etc., are prohibited.
Cooling System:
Radiators must be in the stock location and be of at least stock size.
Credentials:
All drivers must have a valid state driver’s license.
Driveline:
An OEM transmission and transfer case are mandatory. They must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pickup.
Driver Restraint System:
The OEM restraint system is mandatory and must be worn.
Engine:
The engine shall be a stock-appearing, OEM make-specific compression ignition Engine.
Exhaust:
All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward. The exhaust must exit rear ward of the driver’s compartment. Stacks exiting through the hood or fender well are prohibited. If the muffler or catalytic converter have been changed from stock, two 3/8 inch diameter, minimum grade 5, bolts must be installed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other as close to the turbo as is practical.
Fuel:
The fuel must be pump #1/#2 diesel only. Soy/Bio-diesel fuel is permitted. Off-road diesel fuel is prohibited. NITROUS OXIDE is prohibited along with other oxygen extenders as well as the use of PROPANE is also prohibited. All system components MUST be removed from the truck.
Fuel Injection Pump:
The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine model-specific pump only. The use of multiple high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps is prohibited. Powerstroke engines with a single factory turbo may utilize a second HPOP. Pumps from different years in the same engine model may be interchanged.
Fuel System:
The OEM fuel tank in OEM Location is mandatory and must be used. Racing fuel cells are prohibited and must be removed from the vehicle.
Harmonic Balancer:
All engines turning 4500 RPM and higher must be equipped with a harmonic balancer or damper meeting SFI Spec 18.1.
Hitch:
The hitch must be a receiver-style hitch; reinforcements are permitted. Reinforcements
must not extend forward of the centerline of the rear axle or to the axle housing itself. Trick hitches are prohibited. The hooking point must be the rear-most point on the vehicle and must be rearward of the stock location of the tailgate. The hitch must be horizontal to the ground and stationary in all directions. Bumpers may be notched or removed. The hitch’s height from the ground may not exceed 26 inches on 4wd units and 30 inches on 2wd units. The hooking point must have a minimum 3.750-inch inside diameter opening for the sled hook. The hooking point will be measured to the center of the clevis loop.
Interior:
A complete interior, including dashboard, door panels, headliner, etc., is mandatory. Two matching front seats are mandatory. Aftermarket seats are permitted; they must be fully upholstered. All factory controls (lights, signals, horn, windows, wipers, etc.) must be retained and be operative. The use of hand-throttle controls is prohibited.
Rear End:
Non-OEM rear-end housings are prohibited. It must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pick up. Rear axle bolts must be covered by a cap or shield.
Steering:
The vehicle must retain the full, original OEM steering gear. The vehicle must retain
the original OEM power steering assistance, if it was so equipped. Additional stabilizers are permitted. Non-OEM power assist methods are prohibited.
Street Equipment:
Complete headlight and taillight assemblies (all) are mandatory and must be operative. Complete OEM windshield and windows are mandatory. Windows must be operative per factory specifications; that is, they must open and close via OEM electrical or mechanical means. Drivers Window must be rolled up while hooked to the sled
Suspension, Front:
The upper mounting point for strut assemblies must be in the factory location. Adjustable caster/camber pillow ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may be strengthened provided factory-mounting points to chassis are maintained. The lower mounting point for the strut assembly may be modified for improved caster or camber. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted.
Suspension, Rear:
An OEM-style suspension is mandatory. Lowering or raising the vehicle height with suspension modifications is permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted; they must be bolt-on only; welds are permitted for attachment to frame or axle housing. All OEM suspension mounting points must be retained and used. Sway bars, limit straps, and camber kits are permitted. The rear suspension must maintain a minimum compression shock travel of one inch; compression stops must be adjustable. All rear suspensions must use at least one working shock absorber per wheel. Airbag spring assistance is permitted; airbag compressors must be disconnected.
Transmission, Automatic:
Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies and internal components are permitted. Transmission brakes are prohibited. Any non-OEM floor-mounted automatic transmission shifter must be equipped with a spring-loaded positive reverse lockout device to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put into reverse gear. A functional neutral safety switch is mandatory. All transmission lines must be metallic or high-pressure-type hose. All vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more and using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a transmission shield meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and must be labeled accordingly. A blanket-type shield is permitted; it must be appropriately labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and it must extend from the rear of the block to the front of tail housing with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened. All non-blanket type shields must incorporate two (or one, per manufacturer’s instructions) 3/4 inch by 1/8 inch straps that bolt to the shield on each side and pass under the transmission pan unless the transmission pan is labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1. All vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more and using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a flex plate meeting SFI Spec 29.1 and be covered by a flex plate shield meeting SFI Spec 30.1.
Transmission, Manual:
Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket internal components are permitted. A clutch meeting minimum SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 is mandatory onall vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more. All manual transmissions must be clutch assisted. Sequential shifters are prohibited. All vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more and equipped with a manual transmission must have a flywheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI Spec 6.3 or greater. Applications for which an SFI Spec flywheel shield is not available may use a properly attached SFI 4.1 or 4.2 blanket that completely covers the bell housing; it must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the transmission with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened.
Transfer Case:
Non-OEM transfer cases are prohibited. The transfer case must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pickup truck.
Tires:
The tires must be DOT street tires. Cut tires are prohibited. Dual Wheels are permitted only on trucks with a specific OEM bed designed for this application.
Tuner:
A single tuner (Edge, Bully Dog, etc) is permitted.
Turbocharger:
The turbocharger is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM/Factory make-specific charger only. Internal modification of the OEM/Factory charger may result in disqualification. Turbochargers from different years in the same make may be interchanged, no adapters to accept other model turbo. 6.4 liter Power stroke engines may utilize the factory twin turbo configuration
Water Injection:
Water injection is prohibited. All system components must be removed from the truck.
Wheelbase:
The vehicle must retain the original factory wheelbase and track width.
Moving to the Open 2.6 Diesel Division
Any truck that competes with the Open 2.6 division on two (2) occasions in a season will be prohibited from returning to the Work Stock class for the duration of that season.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #9
Richlmm

Name: Richlmm
Member`s Gallery
the only thing i see rick is the airbags being allowed...if you put 100lbs in them the rear of a truck doesn't move an inch...

2001 limited pro duramax by blackout performance 2013/2014 shootout productions 2.6 points champion

Old 10-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #10
rawdog

Name: rawdog
Member`s Gallery
They may work against you if it gets hopping

Old 10-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
Injectorbearing

Name: Injectorbearing
Member`s Gallery
Can I run an s400 on my truck if I tig weld "HOLSET" on the cover? This might be the rite class for me!!!

Old 10-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #12
ClamDigger4

Name: ClamDigger4
Member`s Gallery
We use air bags on our street class truck and it has never hopped. Ours is filled to 90lbs and it works decent

from phone

Old 10-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #13
Six_leaker

Name: Six_leaker
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Injectorbearing View Post
Can I run an s400 on my truck if I tig weld "HOLSET" on the cover? This might be the rite class for me!!!

Turbocharger:
The turbocharger is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM/Factory make-specific charger only. Internal modification of the OEM/Factory charger may result in disqualification. Turbochargers from different years in the same make may be interchanged, no adapters to accept other model turbo. 6.4 liter Power stroke engines may utilize the factory twin turbo configuration

From my smart car.

Warren Diesel
1300hp fuel only 1758hp spray 6.0l

Old 10-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #14
AdaMax

Member`s Gallery
So it has to be a " OEM Unmodified charger " correct .

If so count me out . I am not against getting a 2.5 wheel and cover but I am not stepping back that far to be legal .

Old 10-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #15
Briggs0130

Member`s Gallery
I understand the stock appearing aspect for ease of teching at the pulls. My only argument against stock appearing is there are guys opening them up enough to get 72mm wheels stuff in there. My thoughts are set a turbo limit and allow guys to run whatever turbo they want as long as it's limited in size. No clipped wheels and stepped covers would make sure guys were not running larger turbos.

But this is just my opinion also. I'm not a regular at the events and would most likely only get to make it out to a couple events next season. I don't want to take away or argue against the guys who would be running the class week in and week out.

2014 PPS 2.5 Champion
2015 FCTPA 2.5 Runner Up

Old 10-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #16
AdaMax

Member`s Gallery
68mm is the biggest in stock appearing you can go on a Dmax . The 72mm is made from a 4094vgt and you can visually see the difference .

The problem I see about making it a set inducer limit and no clipped wheels is that you would have to pull the cover on a turbo to tech it .

There is no 1 answer on how to set these rules . Some one is going to get away with a modified turbo in this class . For some reason people find it too hard to follow and or respect the rules given to them a year ahead of time .

Old 10-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #17
stacks12088

Name: stacks12088
Member`s Gallery
i think that hauling a work stock truck shouldnt be allowed. drive in only.

Old 10-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #18
FordGuy24

Name: FordGuy24
Title: Josh Mink
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacks12088 View Post
i think that hauling a work stock truck shouldnt be allowed. drive in only.
So dumb - I never would go to a pull farther than 30min away from home just to get stranded if I break.

CAMB Motorsports
Toops Performance

Old 10-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #19
slowbalt

Name: slowbalt
Member`s Gallery
Whats the clarification on the turbo rule?

Old 10-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #20
Richlmm

Name: Richlmm
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaMax View Post
68mm is the biggest in stock appearing you can go on a Dmax . The 72mm is made from a 4094vgt and you can visually see the difference .

The problem I see about making it a set inducer limit and no clipped wheels is that you would have to pull the cover on a turbo to tech it .

There is no 1 answer on how to set these rules . Some one is going to get away with a modified turbo in this class . For some reason people find it too hard to follow and or respect the rules given to them a year ahead of time .
71.5 cheetah sitting next to a stock charger can't tell the difference...

2001 limited pro duramax by blackout performance 2013/2014 shootout productions 2.6 points champion

Closed Thread