Injector options?

scottsjeeprolet

I've got a friend with an 01 and it's almost due for it's 75K injector swap. It has 230K and he says he has to change the injectors every 75K and now it's out of the 200K warranty.
It's a 3500 very heavy work truck & tows heavy almost every day, so what are the options for aftermarket injectors? I told him not to get another set of the OEM injectors and i would find out what would suit him best for his truck.

he has to change them every 75k or the dealer tells him he needs to? where do you get a 200k warranty on an '01? :confused:

The truck will start smoking really bad when it's time to change the injectors. He just knows his truck. Just going by what he told me about the warranty, something about the injector issues they have.
thanks for the help:bang

I just find it odd that he has to change them every 75k when other people can go hundreds of thousands of miles :eek:

there are lots of options for aftermarket injectors, what kind of power is he looking for?

The truck has a very hard life as a heavy work tuck and the heavy towing he does. Just something for a little more kick and maybe better Mpg.

some RV injectors would be a nice little bump up for not much money.

the only thing that really kills injectors is bad fuel... I guess excessive idling could cause the tips to get gummed up

01-04 Duramax engines have a 200k warranty on injectors only. I would not replace them until he starts having problems with them. All the injectors are about the same. He could get the tips extrude honed for a little more power.

Injectors are the last thing you want to do for more performance and mileage. Once you maxed out the normal programmer or module, exhaust, feed pump, intake, etc. then you can think injectors. But if you do install injectors you will probably need dual CP3's and then you need rods. How far do you want to go? Upgrading a Duramax is not the same as a Cummins.

He's just looking to replace the stock with stock or aftermarket. Just trying to save him some money by not having to buy the OEM injectors.

Many times the "cheaper" aftermarket injectors are used ones with modifications done to the tips. You don't know how many miles they have run or how many they have left. We are a Bosch dealer and sell their injectors (re-man, but many are new) for less than you can get them from the stealer. The tips can be made oversized so you start with a good set and no worries.

Back