2012 Super Stock Thread

wrongway

How many out there really liked this class and don't want to change a damn thing for next year???? Jeff and I are really pleased with the outcome of this class. It went so well in Bradenton I don't think we need to change anything. So let's here it !!!! Do you LIKEY???????
1. Wrongway

I liked it. Don't change a thing.

Though in the future, I think hoods should be mandatory.

Last edited:
I'll just shoot vids and post to compd the play by play...

I've already ran my mouth and upset some folks on the other threads...

lol

If we have to run cross bolts in the exhaust for safety, I think a steel hood should also be in place.

Come on Glenn, fiberglass and carbon fibre hoods should be allowed... I am sure some people have already picked them up to help make weight...

I will tell you that trucks with stripped body parts do not look near as good in the photos as the full body trucks look so from a photographer's standpoint I suggest that bumpers, hoods and fenders should be required, but I don't care what they are made of...

If we are keeping hoods, I say raise the weight limit to 6500 lbs. Tech at the track didn't have a problem with it:what:

I say leave the rules as-is. NHRA's only hood rule is that you have to run an air cleaner if no hood, and that is from the carbed gasser propensity to backfire and have carb fires!

I just don't want this to become another issue, that keeps people away. I think we should encourage people to try and put theirself in a position to win. Hood or not.......I can't say I didn't try everything I could:Cheer:

I say keep it the way it is.

This isnt sled pulling you dont have people near as close to the while it goes slowly down the track close to all the specatators. You have spectators further away, more barriers and the trucks are out and away from them down the track much quicker. So make wieght however possible as long as it meets NHRA rules...

1. Wrongway
2. Syrupdawg
3. "Nobody" Swole
4. Cummin95

i think its fine the way it is the turn out worked this time people did what they needed and it happened dont change whats good already

1. Wrongway
2. Syrupdawg
3. "Nobody" Swole
4. Cummin95
5. Flcrawler

It worked out great. Leave the rules alone so everyone can start building.

I didn't race the big race but I think they should stay the way they r I plan to build off those rules.

I would think the only rule changes should be to clear up any misunderstandings about the current rules, just a refinement of what's already there. This way people will not try to stretch the current rules. As for body parts its a street truck race and I think they should all be in place.

Back