Foam cannons are amazing

For a SxS where one wouldn't put in the effort for an handwash, would you still buy a foam cannon? Or just pressure wash the mud off and move on?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

For a SxS where one wouldn't put in the effort for an handwash, would you still buy a foam cannon? Or just pressure wash the mud off and move on?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I pressure washed my trailer to get the mud off Saturday.

Then I hit it with the foam cannon and rinsed it.

Definitely worth the extra step.

What foam are you guys using? All I've used is chemical guys so far but would like something with a little more foaming action. Using a 3800 psi washer

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

What foam are you guys using? All I've used is chemical guys so far but would like something with a little more foaming action. Using a 3800 psi washer

I use the chemical guys at home and dawn on the semi. Both with 3500psi and 3200psi washer.

Last edited:

I've been using Meguiar's wash and wax... Their premium one.

I'm curious about this stuff though. Tough Mudder Off-Road Truck ATV Heavy Duty Wash Shampoo |

Never used any of the Chemical Guys or Adam's stuff before. Always just what I could get at the parts store.

Am I the only one that notices better foaming
results filling the foam cannon with hot water?

No just the foam cannon container, do you think normal pressure washer pumps would hold up to hot water?

No just the foam cannon container, do you think normal pressure washer pumps would hold up to hot water?

I have both hot and cold spigots outside and in some of the colder months I have used the hot side to pressure wash a vehicle with no issues yet. I have used both my gas pressure washer and the little electric Sunjoe that has performed surprisingly well. I always use hot water in the bottle for the mix.

I think most of them are ptfe liners. I will see if I can find max operating temp on the hose I purchased.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

When I got mine they said 140* max or it will kill the pump, so more than what most water heaters will do.

I have 2 of the same pressure washers and one is a hot water model, the foam cannon does NOT like 230* water so don’t try it but 120* household water is fine. Heat doesn’t do anything with dirt but removes oil/grease like a champ.

When I got mine they said 140* max or it will kill the pump, so more than what most water heaters will do.

I have 2 of the same pressure washers and one is a hot water model, the foam cannon does NOT like 230* water so don’t try it but 120* household water is fine. Heat doesn’t do anything with dirt but removes oil/grease like a champ.
My water heater is set in the middle, and it's 145ish...

My water heater is set in the middle, and it's 145ish...

I have an on demand WH and tried the higher temp (140) thinking it would mean a shower would need less hot water. Turns out it just burned more gas than 120* and being on a well, water is cheaper than propane.

Cat washer pumps say 130* max

Last edited:
Used the chemical guys on the truck, didn't take pics, but it did a good job. Also took my new steamer that I bought for interior parts to my AFE air filter. Got a ton of stuff out of it.
The chemical guys product seems like it was less prone to streak than the turtle wax product.
7b6829ca6691255af27314cfe3a4dea7.jpg
fc17b700c91a4192cf59cf3ca32bddc3.jpg

Will those fancy foam cannons take this gravel road grime off?

I sprayed it down a couple times with water to knock off loose debris. Then used a foreign method of washing the rest off.

99a9a2faaa08d98645d49155bb123615.jpg

88376627a598dcfc05f0944e6c61bd10.jpg

Will those fancy foam cannons take this gravel road grime off?

I sprayed it down a couple times with water to knock off loose debris. Then used a foreign method of washing the rest off.

99a9a2faaa08d98645d49155bb123615.jpg

88376627a598dcfc05f0944e6c61bd10.jpg
Was the foreigners name Pierre?

if you foam it and pressure wash it its almost..almost as good as a hand wash..i used it on the semi and it cleaned it as good as a hand wash...the camper also..but i always use a brush anyways on that...id say a faom and pw wouldve cleaned that...

if you foam it and pressure wash it its almost..almost as good as a hand wash..i used it on the semi and it cleaned it as good as a hand wash...the camper also..but i always use a brush anyways on that...id say a faom and pw wouldve cleaned that...

Wouldn’t power wash knock down the layer of ceramic coat I have on the paint?

In the past I’ve a power washer when the truck is really bad, and it knocked down my wax layer to nothing. Couldn’t believe it.

Back