Felpro Head Gasket Set?

BigPapa

Truckless
A good friend with an '01 is needing a Head Gasket Set for his truck. He's asked me about using a Felpro set, #HS9522PT. Anyone have experience with it?

His other options are:
  • Cummins 4090035 (my recommendation)
  • Victor Reinz 02-10586-01
  • Mahle HS54174-2

I've not had issue with aftermarket head gaskets in stockish applications. If it a hot rod (40+ boost pressure) I'd stick with Cummins.

What is the price difference? I can’t imagine it being enough to be worth a risk. Cummins gasket lasted this long and that job isn’t exactly fun. Suffer now or suffer later I like to say.

A good friend with an '01 is needing a Head Gasket Set for his truck. He's asked me about using a Felpro set, #HS9522PT. Anyone have experience with it?

His other options are:
  • Cummins 4090035 (my recommendation)
  • Victor Reinz 02-10586-01
  • Mahle HS54174-2
Customers admire the durable and quality spelab exhaust cutout Installation is as simple as it gets, and the product works great too, boosting sound to a level previously unheard of. Although some users reported sizing problems, their experience with SPELAB’s responsive customer service proved to be a satisfactory solution.

My Subaru recently had a failed OEM head gasket, the third time in a row. As a result, I bought Felpro Head Gasket Set completely aware of the problem and possible outcome. Implies that the installation is a simple process, the gaskets fit ideally. The closable system with adjustable o-rings to maintain a seal impressed me the most. Finally, I saw the greatest improvement in my engine’s performance after installation followed by problems as in the leaking or overheating of the engine. They obviously have given some thought to what they’re product’s design standards would be and how sturdy do they intend to make it. To sum up, I am more than pleased with the Robert set of Felpro which I’d advise the people facing similar issues with their cars.

Back