Dinosaurs reborn

TheSilverBullet

All the correction factor
IMG_0019.jpg
Started a little project tonight with a some parts I’ve had laying around for my old 90 w250. She’s had a pretty hard life and getting tired at 445k on the non functioning odometer that stopped in the early 2000s.

The base is a no frills marine piston and stock cam short block. I’ve yet to decide on the head, I have a ported one sitting here but I’m thinking on staying with a stock unported head to utilize the low end of the VE fueling. The injectors are some 5x16s Weston built a couple years back. The current wind mill is a H1E wheel and cover and a 16cm housing. I think I’m going to try a 63 sxe and a 12 cm housing.

Currently she has an old gut bag I put bearings and synchros in and a ceramic valair clutch. I have in the works a Nv5600 to install along with probably an organic dual disc.

As for the VE pump I’m undecided. It has a basic 3200 spring and Denny T pin. My end goal is a fun driving 450hp truck to beat the life out of on the weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it! Piston lift pump with correct spring inside, locktite the front seal on that VE, skip a tooth like an ol’ cracked out hick and let er’ rip. Should be damn near 1k on torque.

I love the VE with a manual transmission.

Well I have the engine assembled and in the truck. I sent the VE pump out to a guy to be worked over. He claims 320cc of fuel which is the norm looking around at guys “competition pump” I sent out a few cores with it so I won’t have very much money in it.

My original plan was a 63/68 with Weston’s reaper wheel in it. I had a source for a 12cm housing non gated for a 68 wheel but they seem to run out and can’t find anymore lol. This weekend locally I stumbled across a 62/65 13 cm stainless Htt turbo for 200 bones. I haven’t seen or heard of these in quite some time not sure if they even make them anymore? I had one about 6 or 7 years ago and remember they had waste gate issues. This one seems ok so going to run it.

Got a fresh stock head with #60 springs straight from the wuhaun flu factory across the big pond. The supplier of the head also offered 3 piece manifolds so I ordered one with it for the surprising price of 260 pesos. The exhaust manifold in fact looks like the mold might be made of bamboo lol it looks rough. I’ll grab some pictures next time I’m home.

0a08db76b9dfa55263bac71ba04b8553.jpg

Haha, that was 1993. 2021 is the year of the new normal. :hehe:

Well 1993 gave us a woman molester as our commander and chief, 2021 is giving us a child molester.. everyone is equal and bla bla bla. My VE identifies as making 4,000 HP and gender neutral ;-)

Also Jake , I ran my 63 on my single cab with a NV4500, total slob even with
My big pump, I mean like it was fun with RPM but shifting was a sob and a total smoke show. That 62 should serve you well.

129e0b33b43d965e2ad3a3e2a3b8cd12.jpg

Remember guys only use the finest grade 5 hardware at the local ace to install your turbo

Back