2000 F450 ZF6: Where to find trans parts?

Meyers Farms

I just picked up a 2000 F450 7.3L 2wd central hydraulics dumptruck with a ZF6 trans. The trans grinds when shifting into 3rd and 4th gear. I know I will need both synchronizers and chances are I will need the gears as well. I’d like to price a full rebuild as well as just the parts and then decide what my best route is. My local trans shop is now only rebuilding autos, so I’m looking for other options. I’m located north of Cincinnati. Thanks for any insight you may have.

Allstate gear or Midwest transmissions. I talked to a guy that's had a few apart and he said they were pretty simple.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I had to replace both my syncro and gears in mine when it did that. The teeth that the syncros locks into where not pointed any more so even just replacing the syncro it still wouldn't have helped. I can send you some pics of what I'm talking about if you want.

Otherwise they really aren't a bad/hard trans to rebuild.

Allstate gear or Midwest transmissions. I talked to a guy that's had a few apart and he said they were pretty simple.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Thanks, I will look into them.

I had to replace both my syncro and gears in mine when it did that. The teeth that the syncros locks into where not pointed any more so even just replacing the syncro it still wouldn't have helped. I can send you some pics of what I'm talking about if you want.

Otherwise they really aren't a bad/hard trans to rebuild.

Thanks for the info. I am expecting to have to replace both 3rd and 4th gears as well as each synchro. I know what teeth you're talking about, I just don't know the technical name for them.

teeth are part of the gear so you only have to by the gear(s)

I picked up everything from Midwest as well lucky for me they are only an hr away

Back