4440 value

The early 30's for sure!!!! That later ones actually aren't bad for cheap HP.... I'll still take my 4020 power shift with a hx35/40 on it any day over an early 4430.....

I got a line on a 4020 console power shift 722 original hours on it that I'm buying to keep, I have a week spot for 20 series deeres. 2520 diesel PS is next on my to find list. How much you want for your 46?...

I hope you get ahold of that ol girl. Definitely be a good collectors item.

I hope you get ahold of that ol girl. Definitely be a good collectors item.
Collectors item is true, but to me I won't be able to not use it. Lol. It the original owners son that has it now, bought new along with a bwa disk and 694an planter. All three pieces are sitting in a shed on blocks, the tractor gets ran a couple times a year a good waxing and it'll be new and the planter looks new.

Our old 2520 diesel has 2800 hours. It's a synchro range. I haven't decided if I'm going to replace the 4620 or 4640. Really want to get into a 7600-7800

4440s bring a lot because they are a well sized tractor with a 540 pto. Machinery is high right now I wouldn't pay much more than that. A lot of them are really showing there age also Colton that thing weighs probably 14k plus for hauling purposes.

Must be different where you are...Machinery business isn't bad, but it damn sure isn't high right now.

Buyers market compared to the last 5 years...
Chris

And they've dropped at least that much in 6 months.

Has to be the last of a non-electronic series of each brand to still hold value.

Anything under $80K is moving...if it's over $100K forget it.

Chris

And they've dropped at least that much in 6 months.

Has to be the last of a non-electronic series of each brand to still hold value.

Anything under $80K is moving...if it's over $100K forget it.

Chris

Gotcha I was meaning on smaller end like the 40-50 series deeres. 100k would buy everything we farm with and some :hehe:

I'd guess the 18-22 range as well. The 4020 and 4440 were probably 2 of the most popular jds' out there. And yes the old girls are almost increasing in value. 2 years ago I was at an auction where a 4960 mfwd needing rubber in it's not so distant future with 12,000 hours and a rebuilt engine at 6,000 went for $69,500!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say the 15-20k range. Maybe I missed it but what brand loader is it and what kind of shape is the loader and bucket in? What was the primary use for the tractor in its day to? That makes a little difference if it was there big tractor to work ground or just did light duty work.

Recently sold a rough 4240, fresh in frame, pump and injectors. Missing glass (sides and rear, expensive front rounded was there), no ac, no radio, synchro, 3 pretty poor and 1 new tire, koyker loader, some rust, beat up fenders. Noisey hydraulic pump, but pressure was right. No lights, aftermarket fuel level and coolant temp. What was left of the brakes was all in the trans sump screen.

Listed for 14k on Craigslist praying it would disappear. 2 days and probably 30 phone calls sold for 15k to hold it for 8 hours... Cash. Was very surprised.

Back