Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tractor Performance > General Tractor Performance > General Tractor Perfomance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #21
Knoberman

Name: Knoberman
Title: swapping
Member`s Gallery
Cool collection. Thanks for sharing.
I went to a Disney movie the other day and almost saw a mermaid tit.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #22
1STGENFARMBOY

Name: 1STGENFARMBOY
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Chris..nice colection of AC, do you or your pa know any of the Jansen bros, from over here in central ILL, they run a resto shop and own a few machines like the 6-12, and lots of very very rare and unique stuff.

they own one of the three 110hp Case Steam traction motors in the U.S.

Darwin

Last edited by 1STGENFARMBOY; 07-23-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #23
Signature600

Name: Signature600
Title: THA MAN!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1STGENFARMBOY View Post
Chris..nice colection of AC, do you or your pa know any of the Jansen bros, from over here in central ILL, they run a resto shop and own a few machines like the 6-12, and lots of very very rare and unique stuff.

Darwin
Only Jansens's I know is a dealer out that direction....Dad may know more. I go to shows and people talk to me like I should know them because of Dad....it's not hard to tell I'm his son

I'll get some more pictures tomorrow of the 6-12, and get some more of everything else.

Thanks all for the comments....if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Jeff Mumau @ Mumau Diesel Service
Rip @ Source Automotive
Don Thuren @ ThurenFab Suspension
Columbus Diesel Supply

Old 07-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #24
srt cummins

Name: srt cummins
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
That's some pretty cool tractors. What one's you want loaded for scrap first haha jk

Old 07-23-2012, 10:18 PM   #25
morkable

Name: morkable
Title: Just Over Broke
Member`s Gallery
That is cool stuff Chris! I love old tractors and farm equipment. My dad had the first rubber tired tractor in the Peace Country (where I am from) his cousins wife bought it and donated it to the local museum. My Grandpa had a steam tractor in the very early 1900's with a partner and ran it in southern Saskatchewan till about 1915 ish.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #26
cumminspuller

Name: cumminspuller
Title: diesel junky
Member`s Gallery
Chris, Those are some great photos! Thanks for posting them. Where is that cotton picker at? Did the little D17 picker tractor have a picker on it when you all got it? I like the little tug. Whats the story on the 7000 why did it get bought but not get used? The silage cutter hooked to the D21 is kind of a funny looking one with the sheet metal like it is at the top of the snouts. Thanks again for posting.

Chris

Old 07-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #27
TheBac

Name: TheBac
Title: UPS guy
Member`s Gallery
Where in Michigan are you picking up the Gleaner from?

Nice collection of tractors you have there. Congrats!

2017 Buick Regal 2.0T -- the DD

Old 07-24-2012, 05:37 AM   #28
06 DIESEL

Name: 06 DIESEL
Title: Dead Eye Firearms LLC
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1STGENFARMBOY View Post

Darwin
Darwin

Those Jansens happen to be my relation. If you ever want a private tour of some of their collection just get in touch with me. At P-ville I can introduce you to them if you would like. Bill owns the 110, as well as a few other steam engines. I know they typically make a few trips worth of tractors down to P-ville every year, not to mention the convoy we have every year going down on Wednesday morning. I have not even seen 1/3 of their collection, and am in awe every time I see something they have done.

Chris

Can not wait to see this collection in person. I have been instructed by my family to take pictures of everything, FYI. I will post them all to here once I get them taken and uploaded.

I will shoot video and pictures at P-ville this year for everyone to enjoy, keep an eye out at the end of August for a new thread.

Travis

My rig - 2021 Mega 3500 SRW

My Classic - 79 Chevy Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
Trucks are like women. Sometimes you just need to spend money on them to keep them happy.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #29
Signature600

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt cummins View Post
That's some pretty cool tractors. What one's you want loaded for scrap first haha jk
We have a few, but We'll load them ourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by morkable View Post
That is cool stuff Chris! I love old tractors and farm equipment. My dad had the first rubber tired tractor in the Peace Country (where I am from) his cousins wife bought it and donated it to the local museum. My Grandpa had a steam tractor in the very early 1900's with a partner and ran it in southern Saskatchewan till about 1915 ish.
Now that is cool! Thanks for sharing Kev!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminspuller View Post
Chris, Those are some great photos! Thanks for posting them. Where is that cotton picker at? Did the little D17 picker tractor have a picker on it when you all got it? I like the little tug. Whats the story on the 7000 why did it get bought but not get used? The silage cutter hooked to the D21 is kind of a funny looking one with the sheet metal like it is at the top of the snouts. Thanks again for posting.

Chris
The cotton picker is down at another farm, I'll get it tonight if it's not raining. No, the picker tractor was just a tractor, we're still looking for a picker. We don't have much story on the 7000. We bought it at a sale, and the auctioneer said an older farmer bought it new, and was retiring. She runs like a champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac View Post
Where in Michigan are you picking up the Gleaner from?

Nice collection of tractors you have there. Congrats!
Way up in the U.P. about 100 miles west of the bridge. Can't remember the town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 DIESEL View Post
Darwin

Those Jansens happen to be my relation. If you ever want a private tour of some of their collection just get in touch with me. At P-ville I can introduce you to them if you would like. Bill owns the 110, as well as a few other steam engines. I know they typically make a few trips worth of tractors down to P-ville every year, not to mention the convoy we have every year going down on Wednesday morning. I have not even seen 1/3 of their collection, and am in awe every time I see something they have done.

Chris

Can not wait to see this collection in person. I have been instructed by my family to take pictures of everything, FYI. I will post them all to here once I get them taken and uploaded.

I will shoot video and pictures at P-ville this year for everyone to enjoy, keep an eye out at the end of August for a new thread.

Travis
Hopefully the lighting will be good enough to get some pictures for you. Some of our barns can get a little dark.

Thanks again all for the comments. If it keeps raining, it might take longer to get some pictures....but we need the rain bad enough you can deal with it

Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Rip @ Source Automotive
Columbus Diesel Supply

Old 07-24-2012, 08:24 AM   #30
06 DIESEL

Name: 06 DIESEL
Title: Dead Eye Firearms LLC
Member`s Gallery
I'll bring a camera with a good flash and plenty of batteries then, along with a good flashlight so I can see them myself.

My rig - 2021 Mega 3500 SRW

My Classic - 79 Chevy Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
Trucks are like women. Sometimes you just need to spend money on them to keep them happy.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #31
9724VF350

Name: 9724VF350
Title: Tractor Guy
Member`s Gallery
Nice collection, even if they are funny colored and all.

We sold some of ours a few years ago, lack of time to take care of them. We had most of them at the show last summer, but that's about the only place most of them have been for about 10 years. We try to get some out and actually use them on occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature600 View Post
we are going to get it this weekend up in Michigan!
Sooo.. you gonna drop the 5.9 off and pick up the 6.6 on the way through?

Wife's ride-03 Excursion 12V swap in the works.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #32
Signature600

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9724VF350 View Post
Nice collection, even if they are funny colored and all.

We sold some of ours a few years ago, lack of time to take care of them. We had most of them at the show last summer, but that's about the only place most of them have been for about 10 years. We try to get some out and actually use them on occasion.

Sooo.. you gonna drop the 5.9 off and pick up the 6.6 on the way through?

Don't worry Brad, I'll take some pictures of your color ASAP....we have quite a few now. The one's I have are just what's out of the barn.

And we're not heading that direction to Michigan....going up 23...but I haven't forgot...still thinking.

Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Rip @ Source Automotive
Columbus Diesel Supply

Old 07-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #33
joefarmer

Name: joefarmer
Title: MR. Supreme Overlord
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature600 View Post
And in case you didn't catch it in the other thread, here is (part) our 1919 Aultman & Taylor 30-60. We own it together with another friend that actually found the tractor in the mid '80's, and at the time he couldn't swing the purchase on his own....so he called Dad and asked if he would like to be a partner with him.

Dan was killed suddenly last year in a grain truck rollover, but his son Shawn keep the tractor in running shape, and we haul it to whatever shows he would like to take it to. It's been an awesome deal for both families for a long time now....I remember driving this beast at 6 or 8 years old.

Click the image to open in full size.
Pictures don't do that one justice. It's HUGE!!

Old 07-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #34
torqmonster

Name: torqmonster
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
That's one hell of a collection! Nice!

Old 07-25-2012, 07:37 AM   #35
HotRodTractor

Name: HotRodTractor
Title: Overfueled? Maybe?
Member`s Gallery
Very nice. I love this old stuff..... I just know that I can't maintain a collection of that size - hell I couldn't properly handle the 30 tractors I had - that was why there was an auction last fall.... lol

Videos

If its not broke - add power until it is.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #36
zstroken

Name: zstroken
Title: For $$$ your name here
Member`s Gallery
[QUOTE=Signature600;1840138

Way up in the U.P. about 100 miles west of the bridge. Can't remember the town.

Chris[/QUOTE]

Funny that you go to the UP to get it. Of course there isn't much row croppin up there probably explains the low hours.
24V P-Pump Mafia member #1(retired)

Thanks to Mumau Diesel, Goerend Transmission, Northeast Diesel Service!

Old 07-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #37
cumminspuller

Name: cumminspuller
Title: diesel junky
Member`s Gallery
The cotton picker is down at another farm, I'll get it tonight if it's not raining. No, the picker tractor was just a tractor, we're still looking for a picker. We don't have much story on the 7000. We bought it at a sale, and the auctioneer said an older farmer bought it new, and was retiring. She runs like a champ!

OK, I don't know of anything but if you let me know a model number I'll keep an eye out for a pick for that tractor down here. That is a very nice collection.

Chris

Old 07-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #38
scottmandu

Name: scottmandu
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Nice old iron...

Old 07-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #39
Signature600

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefarmer View Post
Pictures don't do that one justice. It's HUGE!!
For reference the back wheels are 90" tall, and it weighs 26,000 lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodTractor View Post
Very nice. I love this old stuff..... I just know that I can't maintain a collection of that size - hell I couldn't properly handle the 30 tractors I had - that was why there was an auction last fall.... lol
We can't "maintain" much of it either, but we try to get them all out once a year and get running what we can, and at least turn them over if they aren't stuck. At least pump a little oil around everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zstroken View Post
Funny that you go to the UP to get it. Of course there isn't much row croppin up there probably explains the low hours.
Rumor is that the original owner harvested 10 acres of oats a year, and the second owner harvested 15 acres of oats a year. We already have 8 acres of speltz to cut with it for a friend of ours.

And it gives us a reason to go hang out a day at my uncle's place on the Manistique Lakes for a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumminspuller View Post

OK, I don't know of anything but if you let me know a model number I'll keep an eye out for a pick for that tractor down here. That is a very nice collection.

Chris
I think they were model 716's or 720's, but I'll have to check on that. The one we have is a newer model 860.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmandu View Post
Nice old iron...

Thanks again all. It was raining last night, but the sun is shining today. I'll get more pics.
Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Rip @ Source Automotive
Columbus Diesel Supply

Old 07-25-2012, 07:01 PM   #40
Signature600

Member`s Gallery