suggestions for helping the transmission

Tarheels

I havent had any problems with it yet but I just put an Edge on it yesterday and from all of my past experiences the increased torque eventually rips them out. My biggest concern is that with the Edge it doesn't increase the line pressure for more firm shifting. I would also like TC lock up ealier than 5th gear. Does anyone know of a programmer to stack with the Edge that will control the tranny. I am completely happy with the power the Edge has so I dont care which stacks make the most power I just want a little more longevity in the tranny not to mention the better fuel economy that goes with locking the converter.

Why not call Sun Coast or one the the Vendors near you? I'm sure a well built TC would help not to mention a good Trans build.

I'm hoping to start with electronics to either eliminate or atleast prolong a rebuild. I think electronically improving the tranny would be a little more cost effective.

Not really. You can spend that money now and then later spend money on what you should have done in the first place. If you're going to add power to your truck do it the smart way and make sure everything else can handle it for more than a few weeks.

Does anyone even know of a built 68rfe. I personally havent heard of anyone having to have a built tranny yet. Not saying they won't tear out.I'm just curious cause I understand they are still relatively new and there arent many peoplerealy turningthem up yet.

Calling a trans shop such as Suncoast will be your best bet. They'll be able to tell you the options you have at this point in time.

Ron @ Sun Coast has been working on the 68. I think they have it covered but you'd need to call and find out. If it's anything older they will have something for it.

There are a few with either the full SunCoast transmission and TC or with their rebuild kit. Everyone seems to like them so far.

Does anyone even know of a built 68rfe. I personally havent heard of anyone having to have a built tranny yet. Not saying they won't tear out.I'm just curious cause I understand they are still relatively new and there arent many peoplerealy turningthem up yet.

I would hang tight for a little longer. I know ATS has a TC that is about ready to go on the market. Also the 68rfe is almost identical to the 545rfe. ATS did my jeep liberty 545rfe and already has the deep pan designed and up for sale for both. It won't be much of a jump to doing the full ATS built trans once the converter is ready.
I dynoed mine with the juice all the way to 5 and got 385 to the ground, so I for one will wait for the trans build before any more mods. I could already get myself in a lot of trouble with as great as this truck runs with just the juice. I am afraid I see jail time in my future if I can't stop myself soon. :hehe:

I would hang tight for a little longer. I know ATS has a TC that is about ready to go on the market. Also the 68rfe is almost identical to the 545rfe. ATS did my jeep liberty 545rfe and already has the deep pan designed and up for sale for both. It won't be much of a jump to doing the full ATS built trans once the converter is ready.
I dynoed mine with the juice all the way to 5 and got 385 to the ground, so I for one will wait for the trans build before any more mods. I could already get myself in a lot of trouble with as great as this truck runs with just the juice. I am afraid I see jail time in my future if I can't stop myself soon. :hehe:

He might want good customer service though.

Goerend has been working on the 68RFE also. I would give him a call. Last time I talked to him he has a sweet convertor for the 68RFE.

yeah not a big fan of ATS, so i would go with suncoast or goerend. but i havent had any trouble with my tranny and i pull a 35 ft toyhauler all over the place in CA.

Back