Dana 80 yoke for 1480 joint with u-bolts?

jedeka

I have found several 1480 yokes for the Dana 80 axle, but it appears all of them are only available with straps. Is there one available to use with u-bolts?

call keith @ overtime performance CNC 616-813-4313. i just got a billet 1480 yoke from him that he made. it is a BEAUTIFUL piece!! very stout. its a shame it has to go underneath the truck.

strange doesnt have them. i actually called them and thats who gave me the number for overtime.

Ok then MW & overtime, would have figured Strange would have been right on top of it ..

Don't think because it's u-bolts it can be made tighter.... 30ft lbs on the u-bolts, anymore and you distort the cap and ruin the joint

$250 for the yoke and it came with the nut he had machined to fit on there. i also had to cut the end of the pinion off.

exactly what the cowboy said about cutting the pinion off

dave-i got a pic of it on my phone ill send it to you cause i dont know how to get the picture on here haha

exactly what the cowboy said about cutting the pinion off

dave-i got a pic of it on my phone ill send it to you cause i dont know how to get the picture on here haha

got it! it looks sweet ... and photobucket is how you post good pic's on here

Post it up here.

Seriously....I want to see this!

0803101824.jpg

Why do they make you shave the pinion? What is the purpose? Why not have a yolk that will work without cutting the pinion. How much of the pinion needs shaved?

Back