Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Entrance Gate- Welcome to Competition Diesel > Competition Events and Get-Togethers > Full Pull Productions
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 12:44 PM   #21
cumminsconvoy

Name: cumminsconvoy
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpadmax View Post
Rick, I was talking to Gene a while back and he said that one concept that has been suggested before is to make a several year progression toward open driveline by first allowing the non-OEM axles first and then a year later allow the drop boxes and the rest.

This would allow some folks to work into it instead of just jumping off a cliff. For example it would allow Scott Blair back in the class (unless he changes his current setup over the winter).

John mentions the gearing issues and really that extends to both Dodge and GM. If you go Rockwell F106 then you'll really be wanting the drop box to get a decent set of ratios. For the Dmax this would necessitate taking out the whole front suspension and driveline and putting a solid axle up there. This is fairly popular with the offroad guys but it is a big project and is fairly expensive. A lot of Dmax guys would see that as a "point of no return" because you're cutting some stuff off the chassis to do it.

IMO PSD needs to head to open driveline IF you are going to keep it unlimited single turbos.

If you were going to go the other way and start limiting the charger to 3" or whatever, then stock driveline with expensive guts will probably work as it has been.

IF PSD goes open driveline then I'm out of it for a couple years minimum for cost reasons.

Matt will it be a requirement or an option to run open drivelines and do you feel that open drivelines will take the top running psd out of the competition if they stay stock drivelines

Old 10-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #22
redram

Name: redram
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
re

Leave it OEM driveline, and limit the turbo to a 2.8 no twins, let the bigger trucks run RWYB, they are usually in the top in that class anyways.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #23
timlb703

Name: timlb703
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redram View Post
Leave it OEM driveline, and limit the turbo to a 2.8 no twins, let the bigger trucks run RWYB, they are usually in the top in that class anyways.
That would be a good idea but, it may be hard for some guys to step down. Good idea.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #24
Holstein Xpress

Name: Holstein Xpress
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redram View Post
Wouldnt be bad If they keep ag gov. and Hand throttle. I'd go with bushed 2.8, but thats just me.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:00 PM   #25
Tony R

Name: Tony R
Title: New Build is For Sale.
Member`s Gallery
I'm putting a rockwell 106 in my truck as we speak and im still going to run the 4500 and 241 case i found a set of gears that will work with this setup and should be great i have a total of 1k including axle gearset and tubing to weld it in with and yokes and u joint i did it for the simple reason of durability and i did it cheaper than what i could buy a set of 37 spline axles and spider gears for. It dosent bother me if i have to pull against a open drive line truck because i feel like haveing a good setup on your truck is about 90 percent of it anyway.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:05 PM   #26
therealpuller

Name: therealpuller
Title: BAD COMPANY
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanabsledpuller View Post
cooper,have you ever watched a true 3.0 truck,they prolly would put a hurt'n on me,they are extremly tough trucks,look at the indiana an IL,trucks,there as tough as the mods,no you will not have a dana80 hold up there buddy,make it just as the rest of the world an noone gets hurt,come an play with your chevy,if you can't keep up,put a cummins in it,then lookout,your gona havto learn how to drive,.....you won't know how to handle all that POWER,GRRRR
Did, any, one, else, have, to% read this , 3 or, 4 times The grammar is first rate

Old 12-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #27
yeah gas on it

Name: yeah gas on it
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealpuller View Post
Did, any, one, else, have, to% read this , 3 or, 4 times The grammar is first rate

in the calvin school of pulling they teach a special writing technique . turns out after ever verb adjective and noun a comma is placed to momentarily pause so the inbred followers would not become confused and have to read the sentence over again.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:23 PM   #28
TrailerproPop

Name: TrailerproPop
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah gas on it View Post
in the calvin school of pulling they teach a special writing technique . turns out after ever verb adjective and noun a comma is placed to momentarily pause so the inbred followers would not become confused and have to read the sentence over again.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #29
Wiltse

Name: Wiltse
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony R View Post
I'm putting a rockwell 106 in my truck as we speak and im still going to run the 4500 and 241 case i found a set of gears that will work with this setup and should be great i have a total of 1k including axle gearset and tubing to weld it in with and yokes and u joint i did it for the simple reason of durability and i did it cheaper than what i could buy a set of 37 spline axles and spider gears for. It dosent bother me if i have to pull against a open drive line truck because i feel like haveing a good setup on your truck is about 90 percent of it anyway.
I'm thinking on doing the same thing. What gear combo did you come up with?

Old 01-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #30
Tony R

Name: Tony R
Title: New Build is For Sale.
Member`s Gallery
I'm going to try the 5.29 in the rear and a 5.13 in the front some people say it will bind up. I know of people who ran the 5.38 rear and 5.13 in the front. I will just leave it in 2wd till i start to back up to the sled. I'd say i will replace a front gear set a time or two during a season. I'm going to try it though.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:39 PM   #31
bubba2400

Name: bubba2400
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
If you guys want a stock driveline to hold up you need to limit the motor not the drivetrain!

Closed Thread