Fass Problem

THEKIDFAN

Off Topic: I'd rather you be fixing the problems at hand! I bought the pump knowing it was gonna be loud (louder then my truck I didn't realize, but what the heck nice way to start a conversation about my truck) but I signed up for that! It pumps alot o fuel no doubt, as long as the tank is full!
Been waiting to hear from you about the situation about running out of fuel at a half tank, you know the problem that wasn't a problem......then it was a problem you were aware of and working on a fix, that was over a year ago!

i think FASS will take care of you in or out of warranty. they really stepped up with my old warranty issue. Dan was great in the process.

Off Topic: I'd rather you be fixing the problems at hand! I bought the pump knowing it was gonna be loud (louder then my truck I didn't realize, but what the heck nice way to start a conversation about my truck) but I signed up for that! It pumps alot o fuel no doubt, as long as the tank is full!
Been waiting to hear from you about the situation about running out of fuel at a half tank, you know the problem that wasn't a problem......then it was a problem you were aware of and working on a fix, that was over a year ago!

I could also say that i have not heard from you in a while, and in my line of work sometimes no news is good news. I don’t always get calls back telling me "Hey! We fixed our issue." I talk to over 30-50 folks a day up here. I am only human and i can’t remember everything. If we were still having issue, i would have hoped you would have contacted me concerning this problem so we could try to resolve it. Jumping on me in a completely unrelated thread was totally unnecessary.

I do remember the problem at hand from your last posts on DTR i believe. I still have to take the stance that if you are running out of fuel at 1/2 tank, something is not adjusted correctly in your tank. OR you sending unit is not reading correctly. Most can get to 1/4-1/8th of a tank before the draw tube sucks air. If i remember correctly as well, you have a custom tank and this might be adding to the issue. If the tank is not baffled like the new trucks, this might be some of the reason.

As of right now, our suction tube kit is the same as it was when you installed your kit. SO i don’t have anything to offer you that is different. We have found that if you move the tube more towards the center line of the tank it is less likely to draw air.

The only thing we could possibly do at this point is pull the draw tube and weld on some baffles that surround it. Then redirect the FASS return fuel into the baffled area.

About the pump noise, I have several posts up on how to address that issue. Search for “FASS Noise Update” and you should get all the info you need on that.

I have also had issues with my 2001 with a FASS for the 12v engine I put in it. I have pulled the bed twice to make sure the straw is correct. When ever it gets to 1/2 tank and I come to a stop hard my pump will lose prime. And I would have to get out and crack the filter to get it to reprime again, get fuel all over me. Not the most convient thing when going to dinner or something. So I have to babysit my fuel pressure gauge now so I dont damage my very expensive 13mm pump. My fuel pressure was the last thing i ever worried about when I was running my MITUSA with my Vp motor.

I could also say that i have not heard from you in a while, and in my line of work sometimes no news is good news. I don’t always get calls back telling me "Hey! We fixed our issue." I talk to over 30-50 folks a day up here. I am only human and i can’t remember everything. If we were still having issue, i would have hoped you would have contacted me concerning this problem so we could try to resolve it. Jumping on me in a completely unrelated thread was totally unnecessary.

I do remember the problem at hand from your last posts on DTR i believe. I still have to take the stance that if you are running out of fuel at 1/2 tank, something is not adjusted correctly in your tank. OR you sending unit is not reading correctly. Most can get to 1/4-1/8th of a tank before the draw tube sucks air. If i remember correctly as well, you have a custom tank and this might be adding to the issue. If the tank is not baffled like the new trucks, this might be some of the reason.

As of right now, our suction tube kit is the same as it was when you installed your kit. SO i don’t have anything to offer you that is different. We have found that if you move the tube more towards the center line of the tank it is less likely to draw air.

The only thing we could possibly do at this point is pull the draw tube and weld on some baffles that surround it. Then redirect the FASS return fuel into the baffled area.

About the pump noise, I have several posts up on how to address that issue. Search for “FASS Noise Update” and you should get all the info you need on that.

When stuff is F'd up it will not fix itself.....at least not in my line of work, course maybe thats what u count on, "it fixing itself" :umno:

As I said not worried about the noise just the fact that a $1000 60 gallon "baffled" tank turned into a 28 gallon tank!

I have also had issues with my 2001 with a FASS for the 12v engine I put in it. I have pulled the bed twice to make sure the straw is correct. When ever it gets to 1/2 tank and I come to a stop hard my pump will lose prime. And I would have to get out and crack the filter to get it to reprime again, get fuel all over me. Not the most convient thing when going to dinner or something. So I have to babysit my fuel pressure gauge now so I dont damage my very expensive 13mm pump. My fuel pressure was the last thing i ever worried about when I was running my MITUSA with my Vp motor.

YOU HAVE GOT TO B KIDDING ME......I'M NOT THE ONLY 1?? LOL

If your looking to get it fixed, you might want to address it directly. Dan is more than willing to work with you it sounds like, but I am doubting the best way to get to the bottom of it....pause for the pun.....is to resort to calling the guy working on the problem out. Just my .02

Fist off, loose the attitude. I refuse to work with someone that continually spouts sarcasm. You get nothing accomplished. You share some responsibility in the time frame this issue has covered.

You need to find a local dealer in your area to let them take a peak at your install. I would like for them to double check some things if you don’t mind. Outside of that, I don’t think i can help you because you seem to have gotten to the point where you don’t want to trouble shoot your issue.

I’m one of the nicest guys you will talk to and i will bust my rear to help you figure out your issue, but i refuse to be belittled.

Call and talk to Jason here:

Diesel Nut Motorsports
6224 Turner Rd Suite C Sacramento, CA 95829

He told me he was willing to talk to you in person about this.

Last edited:
I love how people beyatch about user error...maybe if you would spend as much time installing it correctly as you do beyatching about it online you wouldn't have this problem...I run my tank down below a quarter tank on a weekly basis and I don't even have a draw straw...it aint FASS' fault your chit doesn't work...:banghead:

I love how people beyatch about user error...maybe if you would spend as much time installing it correctly as you do beyatching about it online you wouldn't have this problem...I run my tank down below a quarter tank on a weekly basis and I don't even have a draw straw...it aint FASS' fault your chit doesn't work...:banghead:

:homo: What does you NOT having the draw straw have to do with it?

If you dont have a draw straw then you should be able to run your tank down til the light comes on. That didn't make any sence

Fist off, loose the attitude. I refuse to work with someone that continually spouts sarcasm. You get nothing accomplished. You share some responsibility in the time frame this issue has covered.

You need to find a local dealer in your area to let them take a peak at your install. I would like for them to double check some things if you don’t mind. Outside of that, I don’t think i can help you because you seem to have gotten to the point where you don’t want to trouble shoot your issue.

I’m one of the nicest guys you will talk to and i will bust my rear to help you figure out your issue, but i refuse to be belittled.

Call and talk to Jason here:

Diesel Nut Motorsports
6224 Turner Rd Suite C Sacramento, CA 95829

He told me he was willing to talk to you in person about this.

Dan, and others if you are interested!

Dan, when I first talked to you about this you told me "it must be installed incorrectly" as you "had never heard of this before" and you said "the draw strw must be 2 quarters off the bottom of the tank" since I didn't install the fass (One of your dealers did the install, and I have complete faith in their work) I went ahead and pulled it to look for myself (not to mention not wanting to pay someone else to do a job a 2nd time) when I conformed it HAD been installed correctly I called you back to let you know and your response was "we are aware in some instances there is a problem with running out of fuel pressure and we are working on a fix, I will personally get in touch with you when we come up with the fix"
Your dealer Ken Imler Diesel Performance installed the pump, I had told you that what else can I/we do to trouble shoot when you say "we are aware of the problem and are working on a fix"!
Brad Ponci of Ponci's Diesel Center in Fortuna, Ca. has also been dealing with this issue for quite some time!

Maybe you should look at my last post! People who make decisions before they have any facts are the real morons!
Are you suggesting that I shouldn't have purchased it and had it installed from one of there dealers!
And funny fass did admit to a problem, so what are you talking about? :bang

Maybe you should look at my last post! People who make decisions before they have any facts are the real morons!

-I think the word you were struggling to find here was "assumptions", NOT decisions...

Are you suggesting that I shouldn't have purchased it and had it installed from one of there dealers!

-It is apparent that your reading skills aren't up to par as I implied nothing of the sorts...

And funny fass did admit to a problem, so what are you talking about?

-Nobody said they didn't slick, what was stated was that you needed to take some TIME to properly diagnose the problem instead of coming on here and whining...Not only does Dan have some of the best customer service in the industry, he knows what he is talking about, so for someone to come on here and jack their jaws in his direction is an automatic demerit to their credibility...for the record, maybe, just maybe it will help you in the future to be PROFESSIONAL when it comes to these matters, don't come onto the public forum and whine like a lil beyatch...keep it via email, phone, or pm...:bang

See comments in red above...

Back