10:90 Index class for 2016

VMAX

Randy is going to give the 10:90 Index one more year. Last year did not have a much of a truck count. I guess this is as expected for the 1st year around. Hopefully we can get the word out and grow the class this year.

Racing the class last year in the finals was a ton of fun. We ran 7 passes in total. Three passes within half a truck length of our competitors. It was the best time I have had racing in the red truck since I have owned it.

Who will be running this year? Anyone with an new build for 10:50, 90?

Randy are you guys going to make it a points series or same as last year?

I won't be this year, gonna try to play in super street with a new motor. Although I did have a lot of fun racing you it was just time to build a engine and stop playing with fire on the stock motor.

Last edited:
I will still be. We need to get a roll bar in that riviera and maybe some of the faster 11.90 guys as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Also I bet if they bumped it up to 10.50 there'd be more interest

The roll bar won't happen in the riv this year. Its budget is bumping power in the fuel department, and dialing consistency to stay on top of the 11.90 class. Next year will MOST LIKELY see a bar and rear end work to make it a consistent performer in the 10.90 class. Unless a vendor steps up and wants to help support the needed upgrades to fo tens legally, then it will have to wait a season.

Last edited:
I am putting a bar in my truck this year and will be running the 10.90 class along with the others I usually run. I don't think making it a 10.5 class will generate any more participation. Most of the truck I saw run, struggled to get into the 10's let alone the 10.50 mark. Just another excuse for someone not to show up.

I have always been a fan of the 10:50 class. Would be nice to tune at that level and race gassers, outlaw series, NHRDA ect. But does not look like it will happen due to safety regulations breaking 135mph. Just glad something is happening between 11:90 and SS.

I am putting a bar in my truck this year and will be running the 10.90 class along with the others I usually run. I don't think making it a 10.5 class will generate any more participation. Most of the truck I saw run, struggled to get into the 10's let alone the 10.50 mark. Just another excuse for someone not to show up.

Man I totally agree Verlon, that post was by a guy who hasn't even gotten into the 10's. Going 10.50 takes pretty much a dedicated race truck. It ain't easy or cheap. I thought the 10.90 class was pretty lame last year. I'm really surprised that Randy is letting it go another year.

10.50, 10.90 same rules. I'm sure it will just take some time to get going. We had a pretty good showing for the Texas race. Just need more to show up at all the events. I may not have ran a 10 that day but i showed up and gave it hell. the truck runs 10.95-11.0 when everything is working correctly

What kind of safety equipment is required to run the 10.90 class. I may have a contender but I don't want to cage it.

If it is just a roll bar and helmet then I may be able to handle that.

11.5 or faster you will be required to have a minimum of a 5 point rollbar.
The rollbar must be constructed of minimum 1 ¾ inch o.d. x .118 inch wall mild steel tubing, or 1 ¾ x .083 chrome moly tubing.
rollbar.gif

Helmet, jacket, driveshaft loops, steel valve stems just to name a few more. It's all on nhrda.com

Lol I only have 3 now. It will be the red 3rd gen. Hopefully I have enough time to get all the parts on, cage put in, tuning done and then go and make some test passes before April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool cant wait to see it in action! You still have the Fummins? I know about the MFDT carrying on.

Yeah still got it. Waiting on you to come buy it! You get lil red back together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back