Just got my DD

Kronic_187

Mekanical injection junky
Just swapped out my P.O.S BD auto and put in a freshly built nv4500 with one of your ceramic dub disks.

EXTREMELY happy with the way this thing engages/ disengages. In the process of breaking it in still, havn't put my foot into it yet but all i can say is how happy i am with the product.... it was worth the wait on shipping.

just one..... when i'm letting the clutch in with this ceramic, is it alright to ease into it like you would with an organic, or should i drop it fairly quickly so it grabs ?

or does it matter ??

i'm just worried bout glazing the ceramic.... i'm not much of a clutch rider and i've spent a fair bit of time in a stick shift... just never dealt with the ceramic pads before.... the last thing i wanna do is mess up this peice of art with stupid shifting....

basiclly what im askin is, can i drive it like an ordinary clutch... or do i have to modify my clutching habits any.

You can bring the RPM up a tad as your letting it out and it wont be as jumpy. As long as your not revving it really high you wont glaze it. A lot of times people tend to relearn how to drive the truck. It isn't going to drive like a stock clutch but you will have it driving like one in no time. You'll enjoy this clutch once your done learning its characteristics. Driving styles aren't much different than a stock clutch and its nothing to get intimidated by. Most of the time it is driven like a stock clutch and they live just fine under those conditions.

To make a long story short, drive it how you feel comfortable driving it. Just keep in mind it is a wear part like brakes are. The more you ride it, the quicker it will wear. But you don't slam the brakes at every red light and stop sign either....

Don't dump it and bring a little RPM into it.

Hope this helps!!!!

sounds about right.... kinda figured this out on my own... just wantewd to make sure... thanks for the info

a younger buddy of mine just bought a 9812v.....

bought me a freshly built 5spd and the dub disk for it

well glad you like that clutch i did also. lets say its a beast of a single disk clutch i wouldnt do what i did but i did it. Dan was pleased

lets see i drag raced it and pulled it and i actually burned mine up doing boost launch(10) or so. I actually miss that single disk.

backing up might be grabby but its fine i used low range alot but thats cause i wanted it to last i did baby the clutch for for befor i decided to bet the crap out of it and they can handle it just have fun and take it easy i dynoed almost 500 with mine and wish would have left my truck that way fun.

now i run his 3850 ceramic and well i love tha clutch also can wait to upgrade to try out his new ones but time will tell he knows his clutches

Back