560 Diesel More Fuel???

cumminspuller

diesel junky
Guys i am not much of a IH/Farmall man especailly on older tractors. A buddy of mine has a 560 diesel that has gotten for very cheap. It is not going to do any work just pull a sled. I know there is very little to do with the little rotary pump on it. My question is, can you tweak on the pump any at all to get a little more fuel out of it? I have not looked at the pump itself yet so i don't even know what model pump it is. I'm going to try and look tonight and find out. Thanks for any input.

Chris

It is a Roosa Master. I got some numbers off of it last night. Don't have any pics at the moment though. I'll try and get some this weekend. Here are the numbers i got off the pump:

DBSFC631---1AE 1800

This was all that I could make out last night. I think the 1800 is just the RPM's possibly. This was the top line of ID numbers on the put if that helps.

Chris

A roosa master can put out more fuel than that tractor could handle with a little work. For now though just go through the top cover and turn up the fuel screw.

A roosa master can put out more fuel than that tractor could handle with a little work. For now though just go through the top cover and turn up the fuel screw.

Is there only one screw inside the top cover to turn? is it in or out to turn the fuel up? Thanks

You take the top cover off, then theres some linkage in there, you have to move that out of the way. In the bottom of the housing, you will see a hole that goes down into the bottom of the pump. Rotate the engine until the allen head screw on the rollers turns up.Then you turn it in to give it more fuel.

You take the top cover off, then theres some linkage in there, you have to move that out of the way. In the bottom of the housing, you will see a hole that goes down into the bottom of the pump. Rotate the engine until the allen head screw on the rollers turns up.Then you turn it in to give it more fuel.

Simple enough. Thanks ACFarmer.

I'm still going to try an take some pics and post incase someone else needs them.

Chris

I found out last week that the motor in the 560 I was asking about, has a stuck piston and of course did not run. Turns out the piston is busted. Got the head off but I haven't gotten to look at the piston yet. Would anyone know someone who may have a pistion laying around out of a 560? I want to get it running just to play with but the guy who owns the tractor is kinda thinking just go ahead and put the gas engine in it and go with it. Thanks

Chris

Honestly if your just wanting to pull it the best thing to do is pull the diesel out and put a 301 in it. They come in 806 tractors and 715 combines they are already setting at 100 hp from the factory.

Yea he has a 301 setting in his shop now that came out of a combine. Haven't worked on it much with the holidays in the past few days. That may be what we do just have to wait and see.

Honestly if your just wanting to pull it the best thing to do is pull the diesel out and put a 301 in it. They come in 806 tractors and 715 combines they are already setting at 100 hp from the factory.
exactly what i was thinking!

Yea he has a 301 setting in his shop now that came out of a combine. Haven't worked on it much with the holidays in the past few days. That may be what we do just have to wait and see.

only problem with the combine motor is you need a tractor manifold to get the exhaust stack to come out the hood. the combine manifold exits horizontally so you would have to run a piece out horizontally to clear the hood (and probably trim it) and then a 90 to run it up

only problem with the combine motor is you need a tractor manifold to get the exhaust stack to come out the hood. the combine manifold exits horizontally so you would have to run a piece out horizontally to clear the hood (and probably trim it) and then a 90 to run it up[/QUOTE]

Got it covered. He got a manifold to go on the combine engine when he picked up the 560 tractor from another parts tractor that was there.

Back