how's the turnout been this year

Redneck6.0L

there was a ton of hype surrounding this class due to the 50,000 payout, with that said, at the rest of the events this year how has the 2.6 class turnout been, was there many at sdx, is this class something you guys are going to proceed with. just haven't heard much about it lately,

is there going to be another 50,000 race, did you guys succeed in what you were trying to accomplish, just questions, trying to get a feel for where diesel motorsports is going, thats all

Hey Shawn, I guess I will answer your questions for you since I plan on doing the event again in 2012. First off, my next race will include all of the classes normally run in an Outlaw type event. Yes the Super Stock trucks will be there, but they will not be the main attraction. The amount of prize money will be dependant on how many trucks enter and or sponsorship monies are directed towards them. This year I will be running the race entirely on my own as Jeff has other interest at this time. I feel that we did indeed accomplish what we set out to do. The folks that took the time to build a truck around the rules given were rewarded with a very competitive race. As the season progressed I tried to generate interest with the 2 racing associations that we have. Lets just say that neither was thrilled about the idea as they had already set their schedules for the year. I must say that Randy with NHRDA was the most supportive by allowing myself or someone that I designated to run the SS trucks within his events. I know some of you question why I don't involve the existing organizations. Reason being plain and simple they are not interested. Randy's reason was that the he felt of the current types of trucks racing that one type (Ford) would not be competitive within the rules given. Now I could go off on a rant about my own ideas about that, but I won't. I respect his decision and will not try and change it. So I guess to answer your question, yes I think we accomplished what we set out to do and will do it again. I have held off formally annoucing the race as I have a lot of ideas to make the Southern Diesel Outlaw race to be as complete and thought out as possible. The race in case anyone want's to come is Feb.24th and 25th at Bradenton Motorsports Park. I will be announcing rules and payout's for each class shortly. I may put an index class in there somewhere for the folks that are between classes. Super Stock rules will NOT change any at all. The track is already secured for the event and I hope everyone that can attend will come on down. Anyone wishing to be involved in any part of this race can contact me at gray0928@aol.com. Thank you for your interest and I hope you Canadian fella's can make the trip. We will be less than 20 minutes from the beach in case you need to bribe your wives. Gary

thanks Gay for the update, haven't heard much so i was wondering how things were going for ya. good luck with your event, but 54hrs is just way to much for me to travel, i'd have to take a second morgage to pay for fuel:doh:

by the way, speaking of Fords, how did that 2.6 truck run that you and doug built, he was claiming it would be VERY competitive

Last edited:
thanks Gay for the update, haven't heard much so i was wondering how things were going for ya. good luck with your event, but 54hrs is just way to much for me to travel, i'd have to take a second morgage to pay for fuel:doh:

by the way, speaking of Fords, how did that 2.6 truck run that you and doug built, he was claiming it would be VERY competitive

please dont call gary gay...amy loves him. :hehe:

as for the truck him and doug built ... doug is the end all be all... sorry gary, had to.

That's it!!! Send Amy to me the week before the race Mike, I will have her speaking fluent Redneck by the time you get here. That would be funny as hell! Loretta sounds way more southern than I do. We did give her some lessons during the bikini contest at TS. She thinks its funny too. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Back