Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Pureflow Airdog
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 08:46 AM   #1
OBXdieselAddict

Name: OBXdieselAddict
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
AirdogII 200gpm Electrical Issue (blowing inline fuse)

What's up guy's.

So yesterday I left work and a couple miles down the road I was sitting at a stoplight and I started getting a little hazy and started idling weird, fuel pressure dropped and the truck shut down. As soon as I tried to turn it over again I noticed my pump didn't turn on. Both 10amp fuses in the fuse box were ok but the inline 20amp was popped. I replaced it and the pump turned on and truck ran fine for about 20 seconds and shut down again. Checked the fuse and it was popped again.

I figured the relay(I think that's what the little box was could have gone bad or maybe the pump so I tried to trouble shoot by unplugging the pump(at the pump) replaced the fuse again and cycled the ignition on without starting the truck. Fuse didn't pop. As soon as I plugged the pump back in it blew the fuse again.

What should I do next to trouble shoot where my problem is?

Another strange thing is that the truck will not run with the pump not on. I do have 1/2in. lines to and from the cp3 and valley could it maybe not have enough pressure from the tank to push to the cp3 with only a quarter tank of fuel? Shouldn't the CP3 be able to run the truck on its own without the Airdog running?

Old 06-09-2017, 09:32 AM   #2
Blueboy

Name: Blueboy
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
On my AD 150, it would run without pump being on.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:49 AM   #3
OBXdieselAddict

Member`s Gallery
Yea its almost a two part question.

1.I know somethings wrong because I'm blowing the fuse on my pump.

2.Second issue is why am I not getting fuel if the pumps not on anyway. (both filters were replaced 2200 miles ago and the filter on the engine was deleted)

I'm confused lol

Old 06-09-2017, 10:41 AM   #4
2Tone12V

Name: 2Tone12V
Member`s Gallery
Pull gerotar cap off and remove the gerotar from the shaft of the motor. Make sure there is nothing stuck inside there. While thats out kick the pump on and grab the end of the shaft and see if it's turning.
If there is something in the gerotar, clean it out and reinstall. Should fix the issue.
If there is nothing in the gerotar and the pump shaft is spinning. I'd say you have a bad motor. Checking the amp draw will confirm that. Should be next to nothing with the gerotar out and no fuel going through the pump.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:40 AM   #5
OBXdieselAddict

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tone12V View Post
Pull gerotar cap off and remove the gerotar from the shaft of the motor. Make sure there is nothing stuck inside there. While thats out kick the pump on and grab the end of the shaft and see if it's turning.
If there is something in the gerotar, clean it out and reinstall. Should fix the issue.
If there is nothing in the gerotar and the pump shaft is spinning. I'd say you have a bad motor. Checking the amp draw will confirm that. Should be next to nothing with the gerotar out and no fuel going through the pump.
Alright cool thanks! I'm in the middle of a move and I've got a wedding to go to tomorrow but I'll get a chance to mess with it Sunday.

I'll keep you posted on what I find.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #6
OBXdieselAddict

Member`s Gallery
Almost 100% I never got around to doing the warranty card so if the motor is fried I'm F#*@'ed on this deal.

Wonder how much I can find a motor for?

Old 06-19-2017, 02:10 PM   #7
OBXdieselAddict

Member`s Gallery
Ended up calling AirDog Monday and explained everything to them. They shipped me a brand new 4G motor that day. Awesome customer service. Couldn't be happier.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:33 AM   #8
smokin247

Name: smokin247
Member`s Gallery
Did the new motor fix the issue?
97 nv4500 4x4. 63/68/.83, 5x.014, 025dv, airdog 4g 165, Hellman sump, steedspeed T4, bored .020 over, Mahle pistons, balanced crank, o-rings, valve job, Hamilton 188/220, Hamilton HD pushrods, SDX beehive springs & retainers, valair DD, and every bolt ARP makes.

Closed Thread