Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > FASS Fuel Systems
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

FASS Fuel Systems High Performance Fuel Delivery System

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 10:46 AM   #81
red dodge2

Name: red dodge2
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
whats the most psi you can get out of a 95gph? can you get 40psi?

Tow rig: 2022 ram 3500 Laramie

puller: 97 3.6 pro stock diesel truck "CUMMIN ATCHA"

thanks to: Puredieselpower, Haisley Machine, Miley machine & fabrication, Northeast Diesel

Old 10-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #82
jperecko

Name: jperecko
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
So a 95 GPH should be able to keep up with about 500 horses 1k torque on a 12 valve, right?

With the return... what exactly could the problem be? Is it because the return line is a smaller diameter (not actually sure of this... but I could upgrade it to 3/8)? Or is there some way it would back-feed something? I think I notices that the FASS unit had a check valve on this line so I do not think that there will be an issue with fuel going from the engine back to the filter. How would a PSI issue manifest itself? Low pressure at the gauge port or would I have to install another gauge for the retun line to make sure that does not get too high?

Concerning the connection to the engine... the part in question is listed as part # PL-1003 in the manual and in the instructions it looks like I am supposed to screw it into the top of the pre-filter/fuel heater chamber and there is no mention of removing any stock fuel components. I like the idea of having redundancy in that if one or the other pump fails, I can still limp the truck around. This will be an expedition-style vehicle and it has to be pretty reliable. From taking another look at the instructions it looks like this elbow is just there to help with routing and to use a removable threaded flare connection instead of a slip connection.

And... one more question. Is there any way I could order a spare pump to keep on hand (I also carry spare fluids, filters, and even major components such as an alternator and starter and misc. driveline stuff). If so, how much would it run for a 95 GPH 150 series pump?

Thanks for all the help.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #83
lowfly

Name: lowfly
Title: FASS Technician
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by red dodge2 View Post
whats the most psi you can get out of a 95gph? can you get 40psi?
Yes, You can get 40 PSI out of that pump with a simple spring change. PM Sent

FASS Fuel Systems
Warranty Technician
FASS Fuel Systems official website

FASS customers ROCK!!

Old 10-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #84
lowfly

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperecko View Post
So a 95 GPH should be able to keep up with about 500 horses 1k torque on a 12 valve, right?
Probably not. you will most likely want to upgrade to the 150 GPH just to be safe

Quote:
With the return... what exactly could the problem be? Is it because the return line is a smaller diameter (not actually sure of this... but I could upgrade it to 3/8)? Or is there some way it would back-feed something? I think I notices that the FASS unit had a check valve on this line so I do not think that there will be an issue with fuel going from the engine back to the filter. How would a PSI issue manifest itself? Low pressure at the gauge port or would I have to install another gauge for the retun line to make sure that does not get too high?
No. With the FASS system there is a PSI spring behind the return line fitting. This is what we use to build PSI. If you take and restrict the return fuel line the PSI will rise. So if you restrict the line from 3/8" down to the stock 5/16" it will cause your PSI to rise and possibly damage your IP (If your using the VP44). The PSI port on the pump (Marked with a letter "G") will tell you everythingyou need to know.

Quote:
Concerning the connection to the engine... the part in question is listed as part # PL-1003 in the manual and in the instructions it looks like I am supposed to screw it into the top of the pre-filter/fuel heater chamber and there is no mention of removing any stock fuel components. I like the idea of having redundancy in that if one or the other pump fails, I can still limp the truck around. This will be an expedition-style vehicle and it has to be pretty reliable. From taking another look at the instructions it looks like this elbow is just there to help with routing and to use a removable threaded flare connection instead of a slip connection.
Actually that part number (PL-1003) Connects to another part number (DIPF-1001) DIPF stands for Dodge Injection Pump Fitting. This is what we use to connect our pump to your IP. The elbow does help with routing. Ther eis no need to remove any stock fuel components. You may leave them there and if something does happen to our pump you can easily convert back to the stock setup with little effort.

Quote:
And... one more question. Is there any way I could order a spare pump to keep on hand (I also carry spare fluids, filters, and even major components such as an alternator and starter and misc. driveline stuff). If so, how much would it run for a 95 GPH 150 series pump?
Why sure! Just contact your local FASS dealer and ask them for part number RPHD-1001. This is the pump head that bolts to the top of the filter base. They can also give you a price. If you cannot find a local dealer...Let me know and i will contact you about pricing

Quote:
Thanks for all the help.
No problem!

FASS Fuel Systems
Warranty Technician

FASS customers ROCK!!

Old 10-13-2009, 05:06 PM   #85
red dodge2

Name: red dodge2
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
yep thanks for the help...i will mostly likely be keeping my fass!

Tow rig: 2022 ram 3500 Laramie

puller: 97 3.6 pro stock diesel truck "CUMMIN ATCHA"

thanks to: Puredieselpower, Haisley Machine, Miley machine & fabrication, Northeast Diesel

Old 10-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #86
jperecko

Member`s Gallery
Cool so if pressure gets too high, I need to play with the return side and if it gets too low, I need to upgrade to a 150 GPH pump, right? I think I read 7 PSI and below is considered low but what would be the limit for the high side? When does that spring normally open?

Also that part number you gave me for the pump... was that for the 95 GPH? If so, could I get the one for the 150 too in case I need to upgrade? Thanks again for all the help.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #87
jperecko

Member`s Gallery
Any chance I could get a confirmation on the post above? What would be the high limit to look out for? Thanks

Old 10-29-2009, 02:08 PM   #88
lowfly

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Cool so if pressure gets too high, I need to play with the return side and if it gets too low, I need to upgrade to a 150 GPH pump, right? I think I read 7 PSI and below is considered low but what would be the limit for the high side? When does that spring normally open?

Also that part number you gave me for the pump... was that for the 95 GPH? If so, could I get the one for the 150 too in case I need to upgrade? Thanks again for all the help.
on a VP44 style truck you do not want to get any higher than 28 PSI for any length of time.

FASS Fuel Systems
Warranty Technician

FASS customers ROCK!!

Old 10-29-2009, 08:10 PM   #89
jperecko

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfly View Post
on a VP44 style truck you do not want to get any higher than 28 PSI for any length of time.
Thanks for getting back to me but this is a 12 valve with a P7100 pump, not the VP44.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:54 AM   #90
lowfly

Member`s Gallery
Sorry JP...My bad.....the P Pump will handle almost any PSI - I wouldnt recommend higher than say 50 PSI. THe P Pump likes lots of volume and you cant get that with the higher PSI's

FASS Fuel Systems
Warranty Technician

FASS customers ROCK!!

Old 11-05-2009, 11:32 AM   #91
TailboardJockey

Name: TailboardJockey
Title: Infidel
Member`s Gallery
Hi Jim,
I have a 150/180, serial number 07438, that had the pump fail yesterday. I bought it used, so I know that I don't have a warranty on it. What do I need to do to get a replacement pump for it?
Thanks!

IAFF Local 1699
USAF Combat Rescue

Old 12-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #92
Dusterb318

Name: Dusterb318
Title: Regular Jackoff
Member`s Gallery
Can my 150/90-1010 be upgraded to the 180gph unit without sending it in? Meaning can I swap out the pumps on it? This in my DD and I can't have it down waiting. I am looking to make 500-600hp and the shop that sold me the pump told me this one would be fine up to 700-800hp and from my reading in that thread it's not true.

Closed Thread