Broke chevy with 2000 miles

BgBlDodge

Hates hippies
While visiting the girlfriend in arizona we had to go and pick up her friend's husband and their kids from the side of the road cause their brand new dmax left them stranded. Onstar said it was the exhaust filter wa clogged. Figured that since the dodges are having issues with that. Turned out the EGR valve stuck open and managed to screw up the mass air flow sensor. The truck would barely maintain 20mph and had absolutely no power and felt like it was choking. I'm not trying to stir the pot, just a little FYI. Seems all the new trucks are having trouble with the new emmisions.

I guess that's what they get for trying to make everything pollution free! I still can't get over the way the exhaust looks on the new Dmax's!! That looks like dog crap!

I don't think he was. I personally can't stand the way the new chevy and ford exhaust tips look. Why on earth don't they just have a nice, normal exhaust system on them?

Now, if he had said that the chevy is an inferior truck and they shoulda bought a cummins then that would be brand war but he'd never do such a thing. ;) LOL Just playing around.

The regeneration factor ! These trucks have a complicated system that if one thing does not work in sync the whole deal will flounder. The Ford trucks had a issue with the flames shooting out the muffler. I am not sold on the emissions systems on these trucks

Dieselson said:
He wasn't trying to stir the pot, don't start a brand war here.

You thought I was trying to start a brand war? Not even close....I was just saying that's what all of these companies ( Chevy, Dodge, & Ford ) get for trying to make everything so ECO friendly....I wasn't talking smack about Chevy. I happen to really like Chevy.

HOWEVER I was talking smack about there exhaust......it is just plain ugly! I ain't gonna lie about that!!:hehe:

Gotlift01 said:
You thought I was trying to start a brand war? Not even close....I was just saying that's what all of these companies ( Chevy, Dodge, & Ford ) get for trying to make everything so ECO friendly....I wasn't talking smack about Chevy. I happen to really like Chevy.

HOWEVER I was talking smack about there exhaust......it is just plain ugly! I ain't gonna lie about that!!:hehe:

that's not what the companies get for trying to make everything so ECO friendly...

it's what WE get for giving so much power to the EPA...

Forrest Nearing said:
that's not what the companies get for trying to make everything so ECO friendly...

it's what WE get for giving so much power to the EPA...

True true.......I just like blaming it on them!LOL

Gotlift01 said:

I meant that about what you said, but anyway, the new cummins exhaust tip is better looking.

Dieselson said:
I meant that about what you said, but anyway, the new cummins exhaust tip is better looking.

What would you rather have, an ugly truck with a pretty exhaust tip,( kinda expensive to change the truck ), or a beutifull truck with an ugly exhaust tip? ( real easy and cheap to change the tip ). :D

Mike L. said:
What would you rather have, an ugly truck with a pretty exhaust tip,( kinda expensive to change the truck ), or a beutifull truck with an ugly exhaust tip? ( real easy and cheap to change the tip ). :D

Then why would you buy a gm?

Why did GM put dually fenders on the front of the new trucks???:hehe: Why did they copy FORD on their hideous front end???:hehe: I have seen just as many problems with Dodge's DPF......$.02

sootman said:
Why did GM put dually fenders on the front of the new trucks???:hehe: Why did they copy FORD on their hideous front end???:hehe: I have seen just as many problems with Dodge's DPF......$.02

You just aint right man... LOL

No, the Ford front end finally grew on me...took a while but i like em. Still haven't gotten to like the Chevy front end.

CHenry said:
You just aint right man... LOL

No, the Ford front end finally grew on me...took a while but i like em. Still haven't gotten to like the Chevy front end.

They had the "TONKA" truck.... but they put out "that" frontend. I can't get used to the headlights on the "bottom". A truck shouldn't look like a spaceship(ford)...or a toaster oven riding on 13's.(chevy)LOL

BgBlDodge said:
While visiting the girlfriend in arizona we had to go and pick up her friend's husband and their kids from the side of the road cause their brand new dmax left them stranded. Onstar said it was the exhaust filter wa clogged. Figured that since the dodges are having issues with that. Turned out the EGR valve stuck open and managed to screw up the mass air flow sensor. The truck would barely maintain 20mph and had absolutely no power and felt like it was choking. I'm not trying to stir the pot, just a little FYI. Seems all the new trucks are having trouble with the new emmisions.
True comedy!

You do know the EGR valve cannot hurt the MAF right? Either you or OnStar are clueless. The MAF is upstream, not downstream of the EGR valve.

Anyhow, GM has the best handle on emissions currently. If you think GM is having emissions trouble, brace yourselves Dodge guys.

McRat said:
True comedy!

Either you or OnStar are clueless. The MAF is upstream, not downstream of the EGR valve.

:hehe:

Or the tech that fixed it was throwing parts at it and claimed one damaged the other because the first part didnt fix it and he had to justify it.

I personally have not had any 07 (new style) come in for any emissions problems yet.

Back