Firepunk tunes

Dbordenb

I’m looking for options for ezlynk tunes with 68rfe TCM tunes. I am hoping someone has experience with Firepunk tunes on a 4th gen and can give a quick review. I’ve narrowed it down to CTT or Firepunk.

I have read about nightmare issues with fire punk customer service after sale. I’ve read ctt has good customer service. Also read about a tuning issue with the fire punk.

I’m going with optimal welding. And efi live

If your staying with emissions maybe check out cps as well.

I have read about nightmare issues with fire punk customer service after sale. I’ve read ctt has good customer service. Also read about a tuning issue with the fire punk.

I’m going with optimal welding. And efi live

If your staying with emissions maybe check out cps as well.

Thanks for the reply. That’s good information to know. I didn’t know there was bad costumer service issues. I currently have ez Lynk so I think it will be cheaper to stay with it instead of switching to efi live but maybe I’ll look into it.

Thanks for the reply. That’s good information to know. I didn’t know there was bad costumer service issues. I currently have ez Lynk so I think it will be cheaper to stay with it instead of switching to efi live but maybe I’ll look into it.

Well the autocal from optimal is $550 cad. So $400 ish usd? In the end That $400 could save you grief by having a tuning who will provide support if needed.

The firepunk stuff I read about was a few different instances of no replies to issues, not reading data logs and not getting back with revised tunes. But aparantly still answering questions on transmission sales until the tuning was brought up and no more replies.

Well the autocal from optimal is $550 cad. So $400 ish usd? In the end That $400 could save you grief by having a tuning who will provide support if needed.

The firepunk stuff I read about was a few different instances of no replies to issues, not reading data logs and not getting back with revised tunes. But aparantly still answering questions on transmission sales until the tuning was brought up and no more replies.

I get nervous buying an autocal. I think I would want a flash scan to have the ability to switch tuners if needed. Maybe it isn’t a big deal.

Last edited:
Dbordenb, I’d highly suggest CTT. You won’t be disappointed.
I can hook you up if need be and answer any questions.

I’ve got my autocal from optimal welding.
008907efbacec0384726a289937c8a32.jpg

Just need time to install. As suggested if you really wanna switch tuners you can unlock it.

I have read some issues with ctt trans tuning not being up to snuff and some even of their engine tuning. Aparantly if you use older hpp tunes they are good but no support is offered for them.

Dbordenb, I’d highly suggest CTT. You won’t be disappointed.
I can hook you up if need be and answer any questions.

I did decide to go with CTT and it wasn’t until after I purchased that I read about you in a Cummins forum post. I do appreciate you giving me the advice and I’m hoping you’re right about not being disappointed with their tuning. I’m running 4.0 and right now it seems like it is a little underpowered compared to my last tune. It also seems like I’m getting a lot more driveline clunk noise on accel/decel. Maybe not the tune but I didn’t notice it before flashing these tunes.

I’ve got my autocal from optimal welding.
008907efbacec0384726a289937c8a32.jpg

Just need time to install. As suggested if you really wanna switch tuners you can unlock it.

I have read some issues with ctt trans tuning not being up to snuff and some even of their engine tuning. Aparantly if you use older hpp tunes they are good but no support is offered for them.

Let me know how you like the tunes once you get everything flashed. I am planning a turbo upgrade soon and may look into optimal.

I tuned a few trucks with hpp before they merged and after and havent had any issues. I feel their transmission tuning on the 68rfe trucks is very good. I have a few trucks running their transmission tuning on pretty big tunes on stock 68s and they are still holding together somehow and ive attributed it to the tuning

and holy water i put in the glovebox

I tuned a few trucks with hpp before they merged and after and havent had any issues. I feel their transmission tuning on the 68rfe trucks is very good. I have a few trucks running their transmission tuning on pretty big tunes on stock 68s and they are still holding together somehow and ive attributed it to the tuning

This is what I’ve been reading in quite a few spots. Hpp has/had much better trans tuning than ctt.

and holy water i put in the glovebox

I’m liking the transmission side of the tune so far. I know it’s a CTT tune so I can’t compare to the HPP version.

Back