Prices on sleeved 6.7 and whos sleeves

2004cuminz

So i can get a 6.7 sleeved by a reputible shop for 150 a hole and cam bearings throughout for 400. Is this a decent price? Also i will have to buy the sleeves. Tried calling powerbore but havent heard anything.no limit said 200 a peice. Whohas used no limits sleeves and how do you likes them? Im sleeving it down to a 5.9

That's fair, and 200 a piece for sleeves isn't out of line either.

Get a extra sleeve or two while they're being made, same with pistons if they're custom.

Yes flanged sleeve. Ill be using factory cummins late 5.9 pistons. Just havent decided on head. Ill use my injectors i have now. Would it be easier to use a 6.7 head because of the steam holes?

Not knockin hamilton block but if i did that then if something happens i have to bore it and pay machining on top of buying rhe block where if i go sleeved it will still be about 700 cheaper than his block and all i have to do is buy new sleeve or sleeves. Many reputable shops have said sleeved is the way to go. But not alot have seen what the hamilton block can handle cuz not alot run them it seems

Honestly depending on horsepower goals if you are going through the work of sleeving it you might as well deckplate it. The difference on billet rod price is a few hundred bucks and the only thing that will really add any money is gonna be longer fasteners. Upgraded pushrods are already required and the extra length cost is negligible. Beans sells a deckplate for 625 bucks. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah but i already have pushrods and studs. Just looking for 1400hp or so. I think ill be ok without. Maybe not

Carrillo offers 1 inch longer rod for same money as stock and offer a HD model or the 1 inch is the hd something along those lines
607e88a9b8914d61d53ad76c0fdeefe7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

After re-reading this, you’re taking 4.210 down to 4.016. All the machine shop has to do is clean up the bore and cut a counterbore to fit the new sleeves. $900 is fukking highway robbery for that job.

Back