I Did It!!! I Did It!! I Did It!!

Furlong claims he was in Florida the weekend of Brodhead, but I think he just got a lil scared when he heard Josh was going to be there, so.........

Bragg don`t make me post my Florida Pictures on here.I have proof. I think you saw them didn`t ya? If I`d known Josh was gonna be there I would have cancelled my trip to Florida, I`m sure the wife wouldn`t mind at all.:blahblah1: I`m just hoping to get an autograph from him at Scheid. Mark how`d you know i used Turtle Wax ?

Holy crap! That thing was running like a raped ape! Nice lift when it hooked! I haven't been following your progress as close as I would have liked to. What are you running for a charger/sticks?

Holy crap! That thing was running like a raped ape! Nice lift when it hooked! I haven't been following your progress as close as I would have liked to. What are you running for a charger/sticks?

Running An s465 from Chris @ ED, Just installed a set of 5x18 duel feeds not too long ago. Having trouble keeping a rearend under it right now...lol.

Lynn

Running An s465 from Chris @ ED, Just installed a set of 5x18 duel feeds not too long ago. Having trouble keeping a rearend under it right now...lol.

Lynn

Gee... I wonder why? :hehe: Must be limited to Dana 80's? Ever think of running a GM 14-bolt? I think if you eliminate the crush sleeve and get a cast cover with bearing support screws it might be stronger :poke:

But then again, I'm sure someone somewhere has tried it.

The GM 14 bolt won't live any longer so don't bother. I think you will need a rockwell 106 to quit throwing parts at it. My friend had a 2wd puller and he went through many D80's, 14 bolts, and finally went to the 106 and then he quit replacing drive line parts. 30" hitch heighth seems to be the standard. But the 4x4 guys don't like that idea because then they start getting beat and pissed off.

And BTW, nice pull congrats! Sucks about the carnage though.

The GM 14 bolt won't live any longer so don't bother. I think you will need a rockwell 106 to quit throwing parts at it. My friend had a 2wd puller and he went through many D80's, 14 bolts, and finally went to the 106 and then he quit replacing drive line parts. 30" hitch heighth seems to be the standard. But the 4x4 guys don't like that idea because then they start getting beat and pissed off.

And BTW, nice pull congrats! Sucks about the carnage though.

Guess that answers the question of whether or not someone has tried it...

The dana 80's don't use crush sleeves either. All the preloads, clearances, and depths are set using shims and ALOT of PATIENTS, lol.

The dana 80's don't use crush sleeves either. All the preloads, clearances, and depths are set using shims and ALOT of PATIENTS, lol.

LOL yeah I know what you mean... Gotta love the fact that the shims are behind the friggin bearing race so you don't have to pull the bearing off the shaft to change pinion depth if you misread the gauge :doh: Also a good idea not to install the pinion seal right away :p

As far as crush sleeves go, I was referring to the 14-bolt :Cheer:

If he stays with the 30" hitch heighth, where 2wd's should be, IDT any 1 ton or smaller rear axle will hold up to it. Unless you spend gobs of money on hard parts and will probabaly still eat up ring and pinions. Just my opinion. If you want to stay with the D80, there is a place here locally that just started making drive flanges for the 70's and 80's. They sell 35 spline spools for $500, the axles and drive flanges for $675. And they said the Yukon r&p would probabaly be the strongest out of the box.

only gear he can run is 2nd gear since there is no transfer case. It did have 4.88's when it broke.

Back