EFILive tuned Cummins hits 5,300 RPM

Flashscan

It's finally happened, after years of Cummins owners being told it can't be done, the RPM limitation on the 5.9L Cummins ECM has been beaten. We did say EFILive would change Cummins tuning forever, well, here's more proof.

Firstly, EFILive wishes to thank Brayden from Fleece Performance for he's persistence in working with us on beating this problem. When we first hinted at doing Cummins tuning Brayden said to me that he will do anything to help us figure out how to beat the RPM limiter. As he had a test truck with all the right parts as a mule there was nothing stopping us when the time came to give it a go.
With the time zone differences between Australia and Indiana, Brayden often found himself at he's workshop at 1am, 2am, testing changes we'd make over here during our working hours. Well finally we did it, and at some insane hour of the morning in Indiana you may have heard their shop truck screaming to 5,300 RPM.

It's not a 100% perfect run, the injection is maintaining over 100mm3 of fuel up to about 4,200 RPM, but starts to taper off above that, still, this is a minor set back we will keep pursuing and it may be something as simple as another table that was never calibrated from factory to fuel that high.

This RPM Limiter fix will not be available in our first public release, but it will at some point be available for everyone.

Below is a screen shot of the scantool from this run.

Thanks,
Ross

Cummins_5283_b.png

Last edited:
That is amazing guys. Keep up the good work. I look forward to the release & learning more about Efi live programming for cummins.

I see alot of broken crap in the near future due to rpm. But none the less well done guys

Last edited:
This is definitely awesome news. Thanks to all of the guys who are working so hard on this. I am looking forward to the release!

Back