sct & custom tunes

Mntsnow

The Utah Snowman
Birthday is coming up in 2 weeks and looking to get a SCT and some custom tunes. I would like a strong street tune that maybe has the split-shot enabled? as well as a good tow tune (trailer is usually right around 9200) and of course a healthy race tune :D

I know that DJ, Doug (PSDPlayer), and Eric (Innovative Diesel) all have good tunes for the SCT.

I've heard that all 3 you listed do have some great tunes but I hope to find out who has the best tune for the 3 different types I can have on the sct (of course I'm sure over time I'll wind up with more files)

Who makes the best Tow

Who makes the best Street with pilot/split-shot? (so you can still talk to someone at a drive-thru) I dont remember who I heard had it working....

Who make the best Race? (Although I have heard great things about Innovative's Race tune)

And of course what kind of pricing on files?

Mntsnow said:
I've heard that all 3 you listed do have some great tunes but I hope to find out who has the best tune for the 3 different types I can have on the sct (of course I'm sure over time I'll wind up with more files)

Who makes the best Tow

Who makes the best Street with pilot/split-shot? (so you can still talk to someone at a drive-thru) I dont remember who I heard had it working....

Who make the best Race? (Although I have heard great things about Innovative's Race tune)

And of course what kind of pricing on files?

Well, I know that most charge around $100 for their files (SCT NOT included).

What is this Pilot/Split-Shot that you speak of? Sounds cool! (I have to shut off my truck at the Drive-thu LOL )

I am running Innovative's "Extreme Street" tune right now. But I know that ALL of the guys I mentioned have great Towing and Race tunes. :)

basically from what I heard at one of the forums that one of the tuners (problem is I cant find the post to find out who) has a street tune that has a very quiet idle upto about 1k rpm (reminscent of the original 03 6.0 quiet idle)

Doug has the best towing tune hands down.....All 3 have good race and street files.....You really won't be able to tell too much difference between the 3 tuners except for little things they do differently. I personally use Doug as my tuner because of his willingness to help you through a problem even if it's at 3 in the morning, and the fact that if you have a 6.0 he's one of the most knowledgeable guys!

I have to agree with Doug as the tow tune guru. Innovative makes a really strong tow tune that uses the turbo like an exhaust brake. I think Innovative is the only one that I know of that has the PI back on. It didn't work very well on my truck, (03) but I guess some others have had luck. All out race and HP, they are all real close. I think DJ might pull ahead. I ran his race tune last year and it was 1/10th of a second faster than the others, but that was a year ago, and I didn't have a tune by Doug yet.

I have had great luck with DJ.
I may be a little biased, but I feel his tunes and customer service are unbeatable

Hey Todd! Good to see you :) We need to get together and have a cold one

btw which one do you have?

Last edited:
Back