popped the stock i/c

dixon700

cummins fanatic
I guess it didn't care for the 72+psi all of the time. What is the best choice for a daily driver 3rd gen? I'm guessing the cheapest would be the best choice, due to the little gained from them? I believe a cool twist was the cheapest I've found. What's all out there?

Is there any that are better than another? Idt I would ever spend money on anything banks...

After blowing 2 stock ones, I went with the BD. It's built like a tank. The cast end tanks with rounded edges is supposed to help flow over the square edge welded ones. And the extruded air channels are supposed to flow better than the standard stuffed ones. Not sure if all that's true, but I've been real happy with it. It's seen triple digits many times. I got an awesome price on Amazon too.

I have to agree with Drothgeb, those are the reasons I chose a BD unit as well. The only thing I can complain about is the price.

After blowing 2 stock ones, I went with the BD. It's built like a tank. The cast end tanks with rounded edges is supposed to help flow over the square edge welded ones. And the extruded air channels are supposed to flow better than the standard stuffed ones. Not sure if all that's true, but I've been real happy with it. It's seen triple digits many times. I got an awesome price on Amazon too.
I've read about a few failures of bd units lately. The cooltwist at least used to have a lifetime warranty. Nothin mentioned about it now, so I emailed them. If it still has a lifetime warranty I think it would be the way to go with a price of $1095.

That's good to know I like warranties, when companies follow through with them unlike prestige fender flares....

sparco is my personal prefrence how much boost do u run, ive seen a pulling truck have 4 seasons on 60+psi from one no issue

I've read about a few failures of bd units lately. The cooltwist at least used to have a lifetime warranty. Nothin mentioned about it now, so I emailed them. If it still has a lifetime warranty I think it would be the way to go with a price of $1095.

When I was looking into them, ALL of the brands had failures. Mine sees 85-90psi on a regular basis, with occasional 100psi+ passes. So far, so good.

I did get lucky and find mine on Amazon for under a grand too!

I'm runnin a HTT and have no problems withit , cast end tanks are pretty heavy but it sees 85+ psi regularly

Hmmm so many choices... I know I don't want a banks, but that leaves a lot of good brands. The cool twist gives all of the technical information, but none of the other brands do, so I don't know how it compares. It's the best priced one I've found also at $1095.

Back