Fuel filter. . . CAT conversion or filter delete with a lift pump

OBXdieselAddict

I know this question has been beat to death but just wondering what everyone else decided to do and or what your issues have been. Will I loose rail pressure with 2 filtration setups. (Lift pump and fuel filter) or is it pointless to run a fuel filter with a good pump?

I haven't seen a huge difference in pressures at WOT between FASS/CAT, FASS/Factory FASS/FASS Delete Bowl, as long as the lift pump is healthy I do not see an issue with running any of those set ups on a street truck, may be a little different if commanding more fuel than the average street truck though.

As long as the filters are not plugged you will not loose much if anything running 2 filters... I'm assuming your wanting to run a water sep. filter and a low micron secondary filter.

As long as the filters are not plugged you will not loose much if anything running 2 filters... I'm assuming your wanting to run a water sep. filter and a low micron secondary filter.

Yea exactly, I have an AirDog but was just wondering if I should keep a filter on the motor or just delete it all together. I guess it really doesn't matter either way there's not to much restriction?

Not really much reason to delete it other than to clean up the looks under hood, and few issues with leaking orings on the filter head.

Yea exactly, I have an AirDog but was just wondering if I should keep a filter on the motor or just delete it all together. I guess it really doesn't matter either way there's not to much restriction?

Not really much reason to delete it other than to clean up the looks under hood, and few issues with leaking orings on the filter head.

Yep, more filters the better with a high pressure common rail... I deleted my stocker because of turbo's.

Back