Soot around injector

ParkerFly

Pulling sled for hire
Forgive the noob question, I'm not very knowledgeable on Cummins. I noticed on mine yesterday there is some soot around one of the injectors. This motor was just rebuilt this winter with a new head and injectors. Is this something I should be concerned about and if so what do I need to do? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20170417_152528183.jpg
    IMG_20170417_152528183.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 0
There is a copper sealing washer under the injector that seals it to the head. I would pull that injector and replace the washer. Measure the thickness cause there a few different thicknesses available.

Compression is getting past the copper washer. Pull it and clean the bore with a brush, reinstall with a fresh washer.

Thanks, I figured/hoped it was something simple like that. I'll take a look at it and see if I can get that fixed.

What do you guys recommend to use for that? Buying an injector cleaning kit? They look rather expensive.

All you need is just the injector bore brush really. They are not that expensive, a actual cummins brand injector bore brush is only around $15 usually an a nice tool to have.

Injector Bore Brush :: Injectors :: Scheid Diesel

There's a link to the cummins brand one which scheid carries, just to give you a idea, can be bought at other places.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back