Vp 44 to Ppump

From someone who just did the swap, I would read and just piece one together your self. I have less then a grand in to my swap and that includes, front cover, pump, and lines. Some of the kits with out the pump are twice that.

I got mine used, found a good deal on most of the parts from a guy who parts trucks in Texas then I bought the lines, hoses, and fittings on my own.

Buy a complete 12v engine and a set of lines is your best way ... time you buy the parts and pump it’s cheaper ...

Well I’m supposed to pick up a complete running 12v pump for the swap on Tuesday. So what else will I need to get? Fuel lines, cam sensor and intake spacer for the fuel lines. What else?

Cam sensor adapter depending on what year truck the swap is going on, injection lines, some sort of lift pump and lines to go with, intake spacer or different intake horn that'll clear.

Some bus pumps was a pes110which means its 10mm pump late ones are 12mm pes112 is comparable to 160 pump ... 10mm pumps don’t make much power and have a odd style delivery valve

I have a spacer if you need one, and I ran a bus pump on my 12v excursion and it worked just fine. If memory severs me right it was rated at 195hp in stock fourm.

I found a 97 that I’m going to pick up in Houston Tuesday. But after reading everything now I’m almost thinking of rebuilding the 12v and just drop that in. So my truck is a 02 6speed dually. It’s a welding rig and I don’t want to make crazy power just want something that runs good when I need it and dependable. So right now we are thinking that the ecm is bad and I have one that I need to try but so far the truck runs like ****. I figured a pump could bypass the computer and back on the road but if it’s to much of a pain with the fuel lines and leave me stranded I dunno if I could deal with that lol. Decisions decisions

Its not as hard as many say it is. It took me maybe 2 nights in the garge if even that todo it. All you are doing is switch parts out.

I vote a good 215 12 valve swap for a daily. My opinion I never did trust the conversion lines traveling for work. 12 valves are cheap and plentiful

The swap is easy. I bought a complete 12v and some lines/cam sensor adapter and had it done in a day. You will want to sell your truck or burn it to the ground after a month, though. The 3 sets of lines I have used were all absolute pieces of chit. Fitment was as if somebody guessed and rebent them 15 different ways. Every set went on like absolute garbage and rubbed in every spot imaginable.

Back