HELP!!! south bend 3850 chatter

jake2001

I bought a brand new south bend comp dual disc 3850 plate load. I installed the clutch and did everything as the instructions said (torqued everything to spec and double checked). The chatter it makes is almost like the first plate is sliding across the fly wheel and not getting dissengaged all the way. It sounds nothing like and dual disc chatter I have every here before. Any imput is appreciated!

I have heard some loud throw out bearings before from Southbend for the first few miles, but if you can feel it in the pedal it kind of sounds like a fork problem, never installed one wrong but have heard of them making a sound and feeling it in the pedal. Did any of the floater plate buttons happen to fall out?

Not that I know of.. and I can't really start it up right now but if I still don't like it I'm taking it apart and going back through it and I'll flip the fork

Honestly never had a quiet one. Wait till you have around 500 miles on it it will sound like it's going to fly apart It Sounds like your motor is about to throw a rod

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Typically when I first install them they are pretty quiet except for a little bearing noise and once they get some wear to them they will get some noise, I would tear it back down and check everything over good and make sure fork is installed properly.

Can feel it in the pedal bad ended up working on different vehicle Friday. I'm starting on mine right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7a237d94ca185a007b8917d50bca5d2d.jpg
941090687d0be19f6fcbb6e1e6c3f1e9.jpg

Bearing slid off of the fork and pulled the fork over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back