Any good experiences with por 15?

Have used 5+ gallons of the stuff over the yrs. It great stuff BUT follow the directions to a T and use there metal conditioner. Also the rougher the surface the better.

I just did an excursion frame with Por-15 and black chassis coat on top of it. Let it dry for 3-4 days and its tough as nails.

If you have new metal I also like to use some 180 grit on a DA and sand it to help rough it up even more.

Mike

personally I liked eastwood's chassis black paints. The 2k version worked the best for my leaky truck. The stuff flows really really well. you can paint it on with a brush and it will flow out smooth.
any treatment will re-rust and flake off after awhile, you need to cover the paint and any tiny openings through it with a rust preventative like fluid film to keep it all sealed from moisture.

I have heard mixed things about it flaking off even if you follow the direction. Im going yo use John Deer Blitz Black tractor paint on mine. I just painted my 24v with it too!

never had any issues and works. Paint over rust and if its good metal like said use the prep to make it stick. Also if you happen to get it on your skin.... Sandpaper and or time is the only way it comes off

I've used it quite a bit and always had great results. As said before prep work is critical. Follow the directions to the letter and all will be well. It does not adhere to improperly preped/painted surfaces very well.

Back