Stop the madness that is dog hair

CookCR

So I figured this would be the best spot for this post. My car is full of dog hair because my ride is now the dogs main form of transportation. It's driving me insane. Give me some ideas on how to get this crap out, someone suggested some type of stone, any other ideas? This is for the carpet, the seats are pleather and easy to clean.

I always just use a vacuum with the little curtain cleaner brush attachment and patience. I also don't carry them around every day though.

He uses that on the dog.. Takes them a while to get used to it, but they come around eventually..

Vacuum and brush, and lint roller work well together in the car.

I have a neighbor that has a detailing business.

He told me he uses a lava rock to remove pet hair from the upholstery and carpet.

I was astounded how well the carpet looked in the truck when I picked it up.

Also, as mentioned, using a seat cover/blanket helps immensely.

You may want to buy one of these after watching this video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlSF0dtDRD8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlSF0dtDRD8[/ame]

Get a roll of clear packing tape, wrap it around your hand with the sticky side out, and go to town.
This also works very well on fiberglass irritation to the skin.
First I wash up and dry my skin very well, then I go to town with the packing tape. I lay it on the affected area and press it out, then rip it off, takes hairs with it, too.
Sometimes it takes several tries, but you know when it has gotten the "hairs" out right away.

I found this out after tearing down burnt 6.7s and 5.9s, then realizing that burned valve covers are also made of a fiberglass-related material that even goes through long-sleeved shirts.

I usually use a vacuum and a stiff brush on dog hair.

Mark.

So I figured this would be the best spot for this post. My car is full of dog hair because my ride is now the dogs main form of transportation. It's driving me insane. Give me some ideas on how to get this crap out, someone suggested some type of stone, any other ideas? This is for the carpet, the seats are pleather and easy to clean.

Got two labs here... the back seat is folded up and it's their spot. Plastic tarp covers the back seat backs... thick rubber mat on the 'floor' (on the black fold down part). I use the "turbo brush" off the house vac... it's operated via the air and spins little beater bar. Take your time and go at it at an angle. A few times a year it truck gets a good "Bissell" shampoo.
My problem area is the back of the front seats. Even with things covered up the hair still gets into places.
Getting hair out when it's stuck in the fibers isn't quick.
Those rolly sticky rollers aren't worth a crap. And I've tried box packing tape. Turbo brush is the best, not perfect or quick.

I honestly thought from the thread title that this was more spam, but you guys are being serious. :hehe:

Back