ATI Damper group buy #3 ???

ATI is an elastomeric damper meaning it uses a set of large rubber orings between a shell and hub to balance any disturbance to the rotating assembly. It functions like the stock damper except it's SFI rated to 10k rpm and fully rebuildable.

Fluidampr uses a small amount of liquid silicone that gets flung to the outside wall of the damper to offset any disturbance. The fluidampr works on the same principle of using golf balls inside your tires to balance your tires instead of external wheel weights. It is not rebuildable.

ATI is an elastomeric damper meaning it uses a set of large rubber orings between a shell and hub to balance any disturbance to the rotating assembly. It functions like the stock damper except it's SFI rated to 10k rpm and fully rebuildable.

Fluidampr uses a small amount of liquid silicone that gets flung to the outside wall of the damper to offset any disturbance. The fluidampr works on the same principle of using golf balls inside your tires to balance your tires instead of external wheel weights. It is not rebuildable.

good info. thanks!
well i learned something today. :Cheer:

And that's the debate for me.. Go with something that will rev quicker (ATI), or one that will probably balance the motor better (Fluidampr)

having learned what i just did from the above post, that is the question right there.
but i wonder what the weight difference is and if it really makes any difference? i mean when i changed my clutch to a double disc it added some weight, so is a lighter damper really going to help that much? just thinking out loud.

From what I understand fluidampr does not deteriorate over time. As for ATI I would assume under some conditions the rubber could break down? Thus needing to be "rebuildable" ?

If the fluiddamper weight more it just like weighting the crank, in a round about way. It will hurt you out of the hole a littler but once you get up on the rpm's it will help keep you there.

Also still waiting on pricing, need to know machince shop is almost done with my parts and i'll be putting motor back togather.

I'll Pm pricing tomorrow to those interested, we will need at least 10 buyers, I have a few interested on PSN, so we should be good.
To those waiting on income tax refund checks, don't sweat it I'll honor the pricing thru the end of March.

Back