Sand dune tires what do you prefer?

stimo

cnc machinist/programmer
I went over to dunes this weekend with a set of boggers on my truck and I hate the darn things. I will never run boggers at dunes again. I could spin them well but just not get any speed. My buddie was running some nitto dune grapplers and those seem to be very good. Just curious if anyone knows of something possibly better than the dune grapplers?

baja claws maybe? My TSL's were amazing in the sand ive never ran anything else but ill just say i was suprised how well they hooked up for TSL's

I lived in pismo for 2 years, and we'd laugh at the guys trying to get around with super swampers. TSL's were complete junk, as were boggers. The absolute best tires we found were the original goodyear mt (the ones on the H1 army rigs) But they don't make those anymore. Desert duelers, bfg AT's, or any other wide all terrain works best. Airing down is really the key, 15-18 is safe for the weight of our diesel trucks.

With a big heavy diesel truck you need WIDE tires that will float on the sand... Not something that will dig. Only small light rigs like buggy's and rails really can run paddles and tires like boggers. Try a baja claw if you want, but I would get the 33x15.5 ones. If you can get them with 50% tread would be even better, lol.

I lived in pismo for 2 years, and we'd laugh at the guys trying to get around with super swampers. TSL's were complete junk, as were boggers. The absolute best tires we found were the original goodyear mt (the ones on the H1 army rigs) But they don't make those anymore. Desert duelers, bfg AT's, or any other wide all terrain works best. Airing down is really the key, 15-18 is safe for the weight of our diesel trucks.

huh. I was laughing to. Had a great time in the sand with my TSL's.

I for sure want something wide. I just pretty sold on dune grapplers that my freind was running and he was only running 8lbs in front tires and only 5lbs in rear. He was kicking my butt up the hills which pissed me off. My 500hp 24 valve weighing only 5900lb getting beat my maybe 300hp 12 valve weighing 7500lb just not right. I would post video of it but dont know how on here but it is on you tube of us racing.

How good of a job does that environment do of wiping out engines? How do you keep the sand out? That **** gets everywhere. I'd honestly be afraid to put my truck through that.

i did it once and wont do it twice. Sand will def. do some damage. I excessively oiled my airfilter and tried to stay outta peoples roosts

I buy sheets of outerwear and double wrap the air filter. It seems to work well on keeping the dirt and sand out. Of course my air filter is no small one either. Also just took turbo to e.d last week to have them look it over since I've beat on the turbo like that for 2 1/2 years. They said turbo was just fine and was not quite ready for rebuild yet (which i was surprised) but I had them do it anyways.

I live here on the coast and I am always out on the sand. I love the Super swamper Trxus STS. They have to be one of the best sand tires ever like the dune grapplers. I run some TOYO MTS now, 35X12.50R20s and just bag them down to 15psi fronts and 10 in the rears. The STSs are great and I didn't have to bag them all that much out there cause they were soft. I see a lot of guys running them on pulling trucks now too. I would love to get a set of paddles for messing around on big weekends too

BFG A/T aired down. i ran 15 front and 10 rear. i ran some 33x12.50 BFG M/T in the rear and a 33x12.50 goodyear AT/S around 15f/12r and they worked great in Pismo. Glamis its easier on different sets of tires as the sand isnt as fine.

Garrett

I buy sheets of outerwear and double wrap the air filter. It seems to work well on keeping the dirt and sand out. Of course my air filter is no small one either. Also just took turbo to e.d last week to have them look it over since I've beat on the turbo like that for 2 1/2 years. They said turbo was just fine and was not quite ready for rebuild yet (which i was surprised) but I had them do it anyways.

thats a good idea. wonder what you could use for free..like cut up some panty hoes. :hehe: .But theyd only be free if u had a girl the night b4 :rockwoot:

Back