(HELP) 302 v8 to OBS 7.3 diesel

1995ford_kid

CUMMINS boy now!!
I have a 1995 ford f150 4x4 with a 302 v8 with aZR5 5 speed I think?!
I wanna put a 94-97 OBO 7.3 motor in my truck?
What kinda of work am i looking at?
And has anyone already done this? with low budget cost?
I dont have alot of time to surff and research hoping someone on here can help me out with mabey a step by step ways to do it with pics? Thanx

I have been looking around and it seems like a cummins swap would be the most affordable for my budget?? Anyone have any advice pointers or if its even Possable

Pretty sure the zf5 didnt come in the f150s. I would just get a obs pstroke if thats what your after. I would think it would even be more cost effective in the long run. Otherwise you might as well find an entire parts truck because you'll pretty well need all of it

well what you mean cost wize would be better with the 7.3 motor? amd would it sit in the half ton front running gear would it hold up?

I wouldnt rely on the half ton stuff to hold up either one. Im sure the trans is different also the z5f didnt come in half tons

what he said^, your going to need a whole parts truck for the swap, unless there is some sentimental value to the 150 you might as well buy another truck.

You'll need to change more than just the engine anyways. The half ton running gear is junk as it is much less when you put a 7.3 or a cummins in front of it. If you find a truck that was used for work, you may need to do some body repair and minor mechanical things but the truck could be had for around 5k. I wouldn't waste any time or money trying to turn your f-150 into an f-250/350. They're a dime a dozen at this point.

Thanx guys for all your input mabey i wont i guess HA...i just like the ford body style i love my truck hate to see it go and all the 4x4 5 speed trucks everyone thinks there worth a leg and an arm...but they are pretty much i dont know what to do now...thanx again everyone!!

I swapped everything over in a bronco for a guy once I'll tell ya it was fun and a learning Experiance a lot of part hunting and fabbing to get all one ton suspension to hold the weight honestly I'd rather have another hole in my head than do it again

Back