Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > Ford How-To
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ford How-To Post your installs and Modifications here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 08:54 PM   #1
gorilla550

Name: gorilla550
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
f650 clip on f550

I'm not sure if this is right place for this thread but here goes.
I have a 1999 F550 mini rig rv/toy hauler I'm building would like to put a F650 tilt front on it to add to the rig look, I have seen several old threads on several sites including here talking about it, it's just that the pics are so old they no longer work.
I have no problems with a small body lift as will make sleeper line up better. Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Old 10-19-2015, 05:52 PM   #2
wise guy

Name: wise guy
Title: poop box hero
Member`s Gallery
550 and f650 have very little in common doors forward are completely different f650 is basically an international 4300 with ford cab 550 is basically f250 with heavy suspension brakes ect. basically you will need to lift the cab cut off the hole front clip add 650 lower fender extensions fab up something to mount all the coolers to 650 radiator support could be made to fit but mounts will need to be fabricated as the frame is totally different. the tilt mounts will need to be fabricated as well as bumper brackets. f650 wiring is also different it mounts up basically to the cab. F250-550 mounts to inner fenders which will need to be removed or heavily trimmed to clear the hood. Can it be done yes i really don't think it is worth it the other thing to consider the front sheetmetal on 250-550 is structural

Old 10-19-2015, 09:23 PM   #3
gorilla550

Name: gorilla550
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wise guy View Post
550 and f650 have very little in common doors forward are completely different f650 is basically an international 4300 with ford cab 550 is basically f250 with heavy suspension brakes ect. basically you will need to lift the cab cut off the hole front clip add 650 lower fender extensions fab up something to mount all the coolers to 650 radiator support could be made to fit but mounts will need to be fabricated as the frame is totally different. the tilt mounts will need to be fabricated as well as bumper brackets. f650 wiring is also different it mounts up basically to the cab. F250-550 mounts to inner fenders which will need to be removed or heavily trimmed to clear the hood. Can it be done yes i really don't think it is worth it the other thing to consider the front sheetmetal on 250-550 is structural
Thanks for the reply. I know the differences as I have worked on medium duty trucks for years and have the 550. The core support on my 550 is trashed from a offset accident so it will likely have to be removed anyway. I was hoping someone had some old pictures and measurements so I could start the frame work while I save up for the front clip.

Closed Thread