Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 2007.5-2013 6.7L
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 03:47 PM   #1
bigc19

Name: bigc19
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Exhaust smoke

Looking for some guidance. Trucks deleted and tuned. 191xxx miles. I bought it a month ago as is. It still had the egr in place, but unhooked. A week ago I installed delete plates as well as trans tuning. I've found a pretty impressive amount of sludge in the top end, that I've done my best to clean out. Today I had the intake horn out and the grid heater was almost completely blocked, so I cut that out and did my best to vacuum and clean out the intake shelf, as well as the intake horn. There is some oil in the piping. With that out of the way onto the issue. When I get on it, 3/4 or more throttle, it'll smoke white. It also continues to smoke, almost bellow, after I get off the throttle, then stops. I'm starting to think it's from the oil in the intake. I've checked the coolant, and there no oil on top, and checking the dipstick it doesn't appear to have any milkiness. Should I be worried it's the head gasket? Or do you think it's just oil in the system. Runs 190-200, depending if I'm hard on it or towing. If I'm babying/cruising, it stays right at 191. Thanks

Old 10-09-2018, 03:54 PM   #2
WUnderwood

Name: WUnderwood
Title: CompD Minion
Member`s Gallery
Turbo going south?

Click the image to open in full size.

RIP BFD99, jponder, and Forrest Nearing

Old 10-09-2018, 03:58 PM   #3
bigc19

Member`s Gallery
I don't believe so. It fealt fairly tight. From the ccv vent that was still routed to the intake with a ccv filter that hadn't been changed in who knows how long

Old 10-09-2018, 05:39 PM   #4
Snedge

Name: Snedge
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Was this carbon build up your talking about? You called it sludge. Is it wet? Does it use oil?

Old 10-09-2018, 06:51 PM   #5
bigc19

Member`s Gallery
In the valve cover, it was wet. But on the outside. I really don't know if I would call it soot that had oil mixed with it, or just somehow oil from something not changed. As for in the intake it was hard. Had to break it off the grid heater with my screwdriver and vac right on it. I have since deleted the ccv reroute and it's venting to atmosphere with a filter

Closed Thread