Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 03-07 3rd Gen.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 08:58 PM   #1
Rogue Diesel

Name: Rogue Diesel
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Wiring Laramie seats into an SLT-Need some help

So I recently purchased some used leather seats out of 2006 ram 3500 Laramie edition. My plan was to swap them for my cloth seats in my 06 2500 SLT bighorn edition. The seat swap was really easy, all the wiring was plug and play. Prior to the swap I had power driver side and non-power passenger side. Now I have power to both sides.

So this is where it gets interesting. I wanted to hook up the heated seats as well, so I purchased the heated seat switch bezel that goes below the HVAC control from a local salvage yard. I took the dash bezel off and the heated seat wiring plugs were located right below the HVAC and they were just plugged into a dummy receptacle. So I went ahead and plugged them into the switch bezel that I bought from the salvage yard. When I turned the ignition on for the first time the indicator lights on the switch bezel just flash yellow for about 30 seconds and then turn off, and no heated seats. So I figured I have an open circuit somewhere. I tested all the wires at the switch bezel and they were good to go. So I moved on to the driver side seat harness and found the driver side heated seat wires. There are 2 of them, one black wire and on red wire with a blue trace. When I tested them there was no power. So I followed the wires down to the point of origin, i.e. main plug for the seat harness. I found both wires and they are just fine. Moving on, I now looked at the harness plug that comes out of the floor (under the carpet). And found the receptacle that lines up with the red wire and blue trace on the seat harness in absent on the floor plug harness. So my question is, does anyone know how to go about getting power to the heated seat elements from the switch bezel? I find it shocking that all the other wiring exists except for one wire. Forgive my ignorance too I'm not real good at wiring.

Thank you
Dan

Old 01-04-2018, 07:09 AM   #2
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
All I have is a manual from a 2008 Ram. Maybe it will help. I have no idea what that stupid symbol is that is inline with the heater wires. The little circle with the X in side of it. Not familiar with that one, but it's obviously something controlled by the high/low resistor in the switch that limits the current to the seat depending on which mode is selected. 2007.5-2009 are the same as far as I know. Not sure how this diagram play into your 2006, but maybe it will shed some light.

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Heated Seats.JPG (69.1 KB, 0 views)

"There are people far less intelligent than you making a living doing this stuff." - Jeff Mumau

Last edited by 4x4dually; 01-04-2018 at 07:12 AM.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:37 AM   #3
Rogue Diesel

Name: Rogue Diesel
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dually View Post
All I have is a manual from a 2008 Ram. Maybe it will help. I have no idea what that stupid symbol is that is inline with the heater wires. The little circle with the X in side of it. Not familiar with that one, but it's obviously something controlled by the high/low resistor in the switch that limits the current to the seat depending on which mode is selected. 2007.5-2009 are the same as far as I know. Not sure how this diagram play into your 2006, but maybe it will shed some light.

Click the image to open in full size.
4x4dually. Thank you for the wiring diagram. This is a big help. It just so happnes that when I purchased the bezel switch, the salvage yard didn’t unplug the passengers side plug, but instead cut the wires about 2” from the plug. So I was able to use the plug and your diagram and match up the wires. All the wires colors match except for one which I don’t think will be a problem. Now that I know which wire is the signal wire, I should be able to tap into those wires and splice them in the heat elements. Thank you again.

Old 01-04-2018, 08:34 AM   #4
4x4dually

Name: 4x4dually
Title: Moderator
Member`s Gallery
Sweet. Let us know when you get your buns toasted!

"There are people far less intelligent than you making a living doing this stuff." - Jeff Mumau

Closed Thread