Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 03-07 3rd Gen.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 10:10 PM   #41
Penni

Name: Penni
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselArmy View Post
Although yours seems not as serious, mine was a track bar which led to death wobble. Ever since it's been replaced along with sway bar end-links, it's been perfection.
Yea the vibrating isn't in the steering its like In the whole truck lol... but it could be front end parts i suppose

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

98 - 12v, under construction now, eventually a dedicated 2.5 puller

06 - QCSB - G56, 3250 SB DD, Fass 150, Arson III, 90hp DDP, EFI Live by Done Right Diesel Performance, CTS Insight, S&B CAI, Full Audio System

1972 - Chevy C-10 longbed, also rebuilding slowly

Old 12-26-2017, 10:13 PM   #42
Penni

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotadzl View Post
Have you looked at the u-joints in the front axle? The axle always turns whether in four wheel drive or not. If the knuckle u-joints are bad, it can cause a speed related vibration and a lot of times can be heard at lower speeds with the wheels cranked over, but not always. Very common with these trucks.
Yes, i had a very reputable shop check the front shaft, velocity joint and all... and balance the shaft... made no difference and the truck still vibrates without front shaft in... but! It is worse with the front shaft in

06 - QCSB - G56, 3250 SB DD, Fass 150, Arson III, 90hp DDP, EFI Live by Done Right Diesel Performance, CTS Insight, S&B CAI, Full Audio System

Old 12-26-2017, 10:14 PM   #43
Penni

Member`s Gallery
Anyways gentlemen, I'm back to work for two weeks, ill try the jack stand idea when i return in two weeks thank you all for your input to date, ill keep y'all update when i get back and what i find out

Old 12-26-2017, 10:16 PM   #44
Penni

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbeef View Post
my 04 1500 4x4 shakes at about 65 70....I do believe its the tires out of rd. guys in the shop told me theyre good but I still thik its the tires...but

I didn't notice driving real slow the other day that I felt this small kind of a bad bearing feeling maybe...in the front...a hub or u joint maybe

so try driving it real slow and wall along side it or where its smooth and quiet just see is ya feel something
I thought this, so i installed a full set of new rims and tires and its still doing it

Old 12-26-2017, 10:17 PM   #45
Penni

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 DIESEL View Post
I have a similar vibration with my 06. I get a hopping at 25-32 MPH and again at 55 MPH. I have not tried to push through the 55 MPH side yet, I just take it slow. If I am stuck in traffic at 30ish MPH it will shake your teeth out. If I am on the throttle hard I will not even feel the 25-32 one and will still feel the 55+ one, but I am slowing down acceleration by then.

Started this fall and has steadily been getting worse. I have checked the u joints and all feel fine, both front and rear. My next thing to try is to take my traction bars off and run around like that for a while and see if they might be out of adjustment. Towing a trailer only makes it worse with mine, and that is what my 06 does 90% of the time I am driving it.
This is how mine started, so bad you couldn't drive it.. mine got better with new rims/ tires... but since then i can't do anything to make it go away entirely

Old 12-27-2017, 05:58 AM   #46
06 DIESEL

Name: 06 DIESEL
Title: Dead Eye Firearms LLC
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penni View Post
This is how mine started, so bad you couldn't drive it.. mine got better with new rims/ tires... but since then i can't do anything to make it go away entirely

Mine started after I smashed a Honda with it, so I am sure it is something in the driveline tweaked. I have all new brakes, rotors, pads, front end including axle joints, steering, hub bearings, new front driveshaft and joints. The only things that have more than 10k miles on them are the rear driveshaft and its joints and the traction bars, which I think might need adjusted, they have been installed for about 75k miles or so. Mine is a hopping more than a vibration, so I feel it is driveline bind somewhere.

My rig - 2021 Mega 3500 SRW

My Classic - 79 Chevy Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonA View Post
Trucks are like women. Sometimes you just need to spend money on them to keep them happy.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:53 AM   #47
dieselbeef

Name: dieselbeef
Title: dick doggin
Member`s Gallery
I think my transfer case output is shot. Little slop. How much is normal tho idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01 2500 4x4 quad cab all stock/drag comp

07.5 3500 4x4 dually 4 dr 6.7 d&j extreme, fleece cheetah, gorend triple, cat filters,

rip wrongway...

Closed Thread